1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

XML Stylesheets

tomkrier _

For ease of error checking and documentation, I have been applying the model.xsl and project.xsl to all the models and projects we use in datapump v8.  I was thinking it would be nice to apply an xsl to the log files when they get created, so I was wondering if datawatch has a pre-made xsl for log files?  If you have one I was also wondering how you would apply it so that all the new log files would contain the header to point to the xsl?

• XML Stylesheets
          Gareth Horton

Tom

That is a good idea for a future release.

One thing to watch will be when the job logs are e-mailed to someone who does not have access to the stylesheet, as IE simply refuses to display it, rather than allowing you to look at the source XML instead, so users will have to make sure that the stylesheet is accessible to all potential consumers of the logs.

Gareth

Originally posted by tomkrier:

For ease of error checking and documentation, I have been applying the model.xsl and project.xsl to all the models and projects we use in datapump v8.  I was thinking it would be nice to apply an xsl to the log files when they get created, so I was wondering if datawatch has a pre-made xsl for log files?  If you have one I was also wondering how you would apply it so that all the new log files would contain the header to point to the xsl? /b[/quote]