1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

formatting doesn't apply in datapump

tomkrier _

I have a model that produces a report that has different formatting including a page break between different key values.  When you export with an .xmod no formatting is made what-so-ever.  I used that same .xmod and saved it as a .mod and exported and it at least did the color and heading format, but still no page breaks.  I have it set so it should 'Apply formatting to XLS files'.  Was wondering what is up with this issue.

• formatting doesn't apply in datapump
          Gareth Horton

Tom

You need to ensure that Excel is installed on the machine where Data Pump is installed to get the Excel formatting.

Additionally you need Monarch 8 and MDP 8 to get the page break formatting in Excel. That feature was only introduced in V8.

Gareth

Originally posted by tomkrier:

I have a model that produces a report that has different formatting including a page break between different key values.  When you export with an .xmod no formatting is made what-so-ever.  I used that same .xmod and saved it as a .mod and exported and it at least did the color and heading format, but still no page breaks.  I have it set so it should 'Apply formatting to XLS files'.  Was wondering what is up with this issue. /b[/quote]