OLE DB Error - searching for help

andrek _

Hi, thats my system:

MDP V7 with dll patches

W2k prof.

IBM DB2V8.1 Database Local

Thats my Problem:

OLE DB internal Error SQL30082N  ...SQLSTAT=08001

I want to create a simple test job. It´s all ready to export into the database, the connection Link wizard say´s: Connection Succesfully Tested.

But after the Job is started, the MDP Console shows me in section Jobs this error message. Whats Wrong?

Sorry, but i´m a greenhorn and on the way to admin this system.

Can anybody help me?

• OLE DB Error - searching for help
          Gareth Horton

Hi,

That looks like a security issue, you need to ensure that the account and password you are using has sufficient right in DB2 to perform the export, whether that means creation/altering of tables etc.

Additionally, you want to make sure that the password is saved with the connection string

by checking the "Include Password" option.

Gareth

Originally posted by andrek:

Hi, thats my system:

MDP V7 with dll patches

W2k prof.

IBM DB2V8.1 Database Local

Thats my Problem:

OLE DB internal Error SQL30082N  ...SQLSTAT=08001

I want to create a simple test job. It´s all ready to export into the database, the connection Link wizard say´s: Connection Succesfully Tested.

But after the Job is started, the MDP Console shows me in section Jobs this error message. Whats Wrong?

Sorry, but i´m a greenhorn and on the way to admin this system.

Can anybody help me? /b[/quote]

andrek _

Hi Gareth,

i´ve checked that. Let me describe my aktions:

In Proberties of the defined Process in Export. If i open the Export Wizard the connection string is filled without a plaintext password, but the field include password is unchecked and there are no stars. is it normal?

If i fill in the PW an check "include PW" i can test the connection. In me opinion the export of MDP must be possible if this Connection successfully tested, or is´nt it?

OK, lets look to my db2. In the Access Proberties if the table i have a choice between "Ja","Nein","Erteilen".Sorry i´ve got a german version. I think "Yes","No","Give(ote)"

Only the CONTROL Flag is "Ja" the other Flags are "Erteilen" (not yes and not no). What does it mean.

-

Wow wow, in meanwhile i´ve wrote that i´ve seen:

If I uncheck the "include PW" at the export Wizard and test the connection, i get the same error message like in the log file if i start the process. ???

Gareth Horton

Hi

Let's check a few things -

Are you creating a new table, or appending to an existing table.

If you are creating a new table, make sure the rights to do that exist at the database level.

If you are appending to an existing table, make sure that the rights are correct at the table level.

Then

Make sure you save the password in the project and check include paaword.

When you open the project again, is the box populated with some asterisks and the include password box checked?

If not, what Service Pack of Windows 2000 is running?

Also, try unchecking the include password option and do not enter anything in that box.

Now go into the connection string and edit it manually, adding pwd=password; after the uid= section, so your connection string eds up looking something like this:

[font="courier"]Provider=IBMDADB2.1;User ID=sa;pwd=password;Data Source=DATAPUMP;Location=gjvm-2kadvsrv:50000;Mode=ReadWrite;Extended Properties=""[/font][/quote]If that works, it could be that have a corrupt or damaged verion of the encryption libraries under Windows 2000, so a reinstall or update of Service Pack 4 might be helpful.

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

i´ve checked that. Let me describe my aktions:

In Proberties of the defined Process in Export. If i open the Export Wizard the connection string is filled without a plaintext password, but the field include password is unchecked and there are no stars. is it normal?

If i fill in the PW an check "include PW" i can test the connection. In me opinion the export of MDP must be possible if this Connection successfully tested, or is´nt it?

OK, lets look to my db2. In the Access Proberties if the table i have a choice between "Ja","Nein","Erteilen".Sorry i´ve got a german version. I think "Yes","No","Give(ote)"

Only the CONTROL Flag is "Ja" the other Flags are "Erteilen" (not yes and not no). What does it mean.

-

Wow wow, in meanwhile i´ve wrote that i´ve seen:

If I uncheck the "include PW" at the export Wizard and test the connection, i get the same error message like in the log file if i start the process. ??? /b[/quote]

andrek _

Hi,

its funky.

First your questions:

I append the data, the table still exist.

If i save the pw in the project and i open it again the pw field is blank and the box is unchecked. I don´t know why?!

I tryed your solution. I add the pw into the connection string  and checked the "include password" box. Connection test was successfull Now the process works also. But is this the right way? SP of W2k is up to date but i can try it to reinstall th SP4

thx Gareth

Gareth Horton

Hi

For now, use the method of inserting the password into the connection string manually.

The only time I have seen issues with the password saving is with pre-service pack 2

machines, as the passwords are saved using the encryption capabilities that were introduced with Wiindows 2000 SP2.

A reinstall of the service pack may help.

Gareth

Hi,

its funky.

First your questions:

I append the data, the table still exist.

If i save the pw in the project and i open it again the pw field is blank and the box is unchecked. I don´t know why?!

I tryed your solution. I add the pw into the connection string  and checked the "include password" box. Connection test was successfull Now the process works also. But is this the right way? SP of W2k is up to date but i can try it to reinstall th SP4

thx Gareth /b[/quote]