2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Datapump Report Format Changes

John Moody

We recently converted our custom report distribution from Monarch 7.0 processing with manual e-mailing to Datapump 7.0 (MDP7)with automatic e-mailing (another posting for that issue).  I've noticed that the format of the MS-Excel reports are lost when they are processed through MDP7.  The column widths are close together, the Currency fields are no longer formated.  Any suggestions on how to protect the formating?

• Datapump Report Format Changes
          Grant Perkins

John,

Have you checked the settings for "Export File Types" (see the help file for the references) to ensure that you are using the same settings for the version of Excel in the MDP process as you were in the manual process before? (In stand alone Monarch that would have been under the Options >> Export and then select the version of Excel format you wished to export to.

Other than that there have been some issues wth the Jet Export engines in the past. If you have changed servers this may have an effect. Worth checking that you have the latest updates in place.

If you search the forum for Jet Engine I believe you will find a reference to the Microsoft update URL. Sorry, no time to look it up - I was just on my way out on important business.

Hope this moves things forward for you one way or another.

Best regards,

Grant

Originally posted by John Moody:

We recently converted our custom report distribution from Monarch 7.0 processing with manual e-mailing to Datapump 7.0 (MDP7)with automatic e-mailing (another posting for that issue).  I've noticed that the format of the MS-Excel reports are lost when they are processed through MDP7.  The column widths are close together, the Currency fields are no longer formated.  Any suggestions on how to protect the formating? /b[/quote]

• Datapump Report Format Changes
            Gareth Horton

John

Note that you will need Excel 97+ installed on the server where Data Pump is installed to perform Excel formatting.

Gareth

Originally posted by John Moody:

We recently converted our custom report distribution from Monarch 7.0 processing with manual e-mailing to Datapump 7.0 (MDP7)with automatic e-mailing (another posting for that issue).  I've noticed that the format of the MS-Excel reports are lost when they are processed through MDP7.  The column widths are close together, the Currency fields are no longer formated.  Any suggestions on how to protect the formating? /b[/quote]