3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Tom Strachan RSS

Export error / max records

Tom Strachan

Hi,

Using MDP 8.5, trying to export a table to Excel.

The project works perfectly if run manually from the server (without MDP).  However, if I execute the project via MDP, I receive an error, it seems to indicate that my table exceeded the allowable record count.

The job log states, in part:

event time="2006-08-15T15:30:19">Created.</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:19">Process launched 1 job(s).</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:20">Dispatched.</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:20">Set project file: D:Shared FilesProjectsAging.xprj</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:25">32. Maximum records (16384) for this format reached.</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:25" alert="SystemAlertJobFailed">Failed: DwchServer.ExporterFailureException: Exporter method RunAllExports returned false. at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(MpExportClass A_0, ServerDB A_1, JobLog A_2, Int32 A_3) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(ServerDB A_0)</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:25" source="distributor">Distribution started</event>

I looked for registry entries that could cause this behavior (like MaxClipboardRows) but the server doesn't have these registry entries like a PC install does.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks

Tom

• Export error / max records
          Grant Perkins

Tom,

I don't think the ClipBoardRows will apply as it is for Cut and Paste application.

My first thought would be to check the setting for the export to Excel Option which may well be set to a version with the 16k rows limit by default.

If not that then I am not sure  - I don't have DP 8.5 installed anywhere at hand at the moment as far as I can remember.

HTH.

Grant

Gareth Horton

Tom,

The problem here is that MDP is running in a different account from the one under which Monarch 8 was installed (if Monarch 8 was installed at all)

For a few things, MDP reads the registry in HKCUSoftwareDatawatchMonarch Pro

You have a couple of choices.

Make sure Monarch Pro is installed under the same account as the one Datapump is using.

Use the file type override in XPRJ editor.

This is found on the Exports tab in the bottom right hand corner, and allows you to explicitly set the export versions for a given project.

Gareth

Originally posted by Tom Strachan:

Hi,

Using MDP 8.5, trying to export a table to Excel.

The project works perfectly if run manually from the server (without MDP).  However, if I execute the project via MDP, I receive an error, it seems to indicate that my table exceeded the allowable record count.

The job log states, in part:

event time="2006-08-15T15:30:19">Created.</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:19">Process launched 1 job(s).</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:20">Dispatched.</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:20">Set project file: D:Shared FilesProjectsAging.xprj</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:25">32. Maximum records (16384) for this format reached.</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:25" alert="SystemAlertJobFailed">Failed: DwchServer.ExporterFailureException: Exporter method RunAllExports returned false. at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(MpExportClass A_0, ServerDB A_1, JobLog A_2, Int32 A_3) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(ServerDB A_0)</event>

<event time="2006-08-15T15:30:25" source="distributor">Distribution started</event>

I looked for registry entries that could cause this behavior (like MaxClipboardRows) but the server doesn't have these registry entries like a PC install does.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks

Tom /b[/quote]

Tom Strachan

Perfect!  Thanks for the help!!

I forced the entry for now, we'll look at the installation to see if the account is wrong.

Tom