2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Using value extracted from report in filename of export

Grant _

Is there anyway in Monarch or datapump to utilize a value that was captured as part of the model in the file name of the export.

Example:  I run a process against a report every two weeks, the reports contains the datre of the pay cycle I am reporting against in the header, when I crete the output file from the report I would like to be able to use that date in the filename of the export.  (The normal date variable won't work becuase the date of process execution does not matcht the actual payroll report date.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Using value extracted from report in filename of export
          Darren _

Grant,

I don't know of any way to do this within Monarch or MDP. I know you can create a Date/Time Based filename in the Naming convention when you create your .dpf in MDP. But this creates the date of when the file is processed in MDP, and not necessarily the date that you need from the file. I know you can also create a "User Defined" naming convention, but again I don't think that would help your situation.

Even if you could extract the correct filename from the report by using Monarch, when it got down to the MDP auto processing, you still have to give it a name from the available options in the .dpf creation.

Darren.

• Using value extracted from report in filename of export
            Gareth Horton

Hi

If you are using Datapump 7, you could use the .NET scripting to read in the file and try and find out the header date using regular expressions.

They can be a bit tricky, but there are tools on the market for .net that allow you to create and test regular expressions easily, such as  [url="http://www.regexbuddy.com/vb.html"]RegexBuddy[/url] You could then feed in that value to create the file name in Datapump.

This would be a challenging project for a novice though.

Gareth

Originally posted by Datapump User:

Is there anyway in Monarch or datapump to utilize a value that was captured as part of the model in the file name of the export.

Example:  I run a process against a report every two weeks, the reports contains the datre of the pay cycle I am reporting against in the header, when I crete the output file from the report I would like to be able to use that date in the filename of the export.  (The normal date variable won't work becuase the date of process execution does not matcht the actual payroll report date.)

Thanks for any suggestions. /b[/quote]