2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Darren _ RSS

A Few Questions

sralis _

Hi - I'm a long time Monarch user thinking about upgrading to Data Pump to handle simple ETL.

I reviewed most of the online materials and still have the following questions:

1. Does MDP7 support ODBC connections as output / destination files. I saw via the the online demo that it supports OLE DBs; however, I'm using  a PROGRESS 9 db as my destination and the only connection method is via ODBC (Merant Driver).

2. If the answer to part one is Yes, is there a way to download an eval copy of the product?

TIA,

Steve  tongue.gif[/img]

• A Few Questions
          Rahul _

hey

do u know if i can use monarch with citrix terminal servers (remotely)?

• A Few Questions
            Darren _

Hey guys.

I'll be able to answer both questions on this one. First off for Rahul...

do u know if i can use monarch with citrix terminal servers (remotely)?

The answer is yes! I do most of my work on Monarch and MDP by accessing it via Terminal Server to the dbase server where the program files reside. It gives me the ability to log onto Monarch and MDP from the comfort of my home, hotel, or at work!

As for your question, Steve:

1. Does MDP7 support ODBC connections as output / destination files. I saw via the the online demo that it supports OLE DBs; however, I'm using a PROGRESS 9 db as my destination and the only connection method is via ODBC (Merant Driver).

To answer part 1 here...I am also using a PROGRESS 9 db for my input and output. The ODBC connection and Merant Driver work very well between Monarch, MDP and my PROGRESS db. Been using this method for a few years now! But what is even better - is using MDP 7's new RSS capabilities to move data across the RSS feed between my mutiple PROGRESS db's and itself.

COOL STUFF!!!!!!

2. If the answer to part one is Yes, is there a way to download an eval copy of the product?

No for question 2, you would have to ask a Datawatch person this question. I don't know if you can download and eval copy...

Darren.