I've recently been having problems with Data Pump's Input Monitoring process. Here's what i need data pump to do - it's quite simple:
1) monitor a directory which is a share on a different server
2) when a file with a name along the lines of I59C0101.001 is dropped in the directory I need Data Pump to run an application that i wrote called ChequeImageImporter.exe - I have the script in place to call my application and it does that ok.
The error message i'm getting when i drop a file in the directory is the following:
Process Cheque Image Importer disabled in the Monitor because the same input file, I59C0101.001 in fts-apps....RBC Downloads, was found when previously run.
I've had errors like this before and was able to fix it - but not this time. Here's what i know and what i'm 100% sure of:
1) The Datapump service is run by a domain user account called FORTISdatapump. I've given that user account FULL control/Admin rights over any of the shares/directories being used in this process.
2) With task manager opened i can see the datapump process start when a file is dropped in the shared directory and i can see that my application: ChequeImageImporter.exe is successfully called by datapump - but it never exits and it should.
3) If i turn off Input Monitoring and just manually run my application by double clicking the .exe - it runs perfectly doing everything I need it to do - including the processing of the I59C0101.001 file(s), it inserts the necessary info into my database, move's the I59C0101.001 file from shared/monitored directory and places it in a different folder. I've also tried to let Data pump be responsible for moving the monitored file and turn that option off in my application, etc...but i still get the same error.
4) When I remove the "script" section from the process and try it with the bare bones - the process runs and doesn't return any errors in the Data Pump Job log - but it only makes a copy of the monitored file as opposed to actually moving it...and i've specified in data pump for it to move not copy. The error do show up in Event Viewer on the server though - but not in data pump....data pump says the job ran with no errors.
Strange hey? I'm ready to pull my hair out now. I've setup 5 or 6 other monitored processes for other applications, etc... and have it working fine. I can't figure out why this one won't work. Any help would be muchly appreciated.