11 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Error  -  SetReportfile  Failed

yesb _

Hi

I m using Monarch DataPumpV6 and  i m new 2 this.

I kept Inputfile(txt),ModelFile in same folder

and I used browse button to select respetive 

Files.In verify Tab while I m clicking on the

'Verify settings' button 'Status

for 'SetReportFile' was shown as "FAILED".I

tried with many examples.

Any IDEAS ?

Thanks in advance .

• Error  -  SetReportfile  Failed
          Darren _

Yes'B:

'SetReportFile' was shown as "FAILED". I never really found out what this error was about. But the good news is - go ahead and process your MDP task. It works just fine! Almost 90% of my old MDP 6 processes had this error when I verified the .dpf. And they all worked just fine. I remember looking through the Help Menu on this before. When you are looking at the message under the Verify Tab hilight the error message and double click for the details of the error. The details for the Error Message were: "Failed".

No big deal though as I just trudged ahead and ran the prcoess. The process ran fine with no error messages by viewing the MDP Process Scheduler log files (view process events - no errors!)

Go ahead and run the process. Unless there are other messages in the verification, you will be just fine! Another glitch in MDP6...   

yesb _

Thanks 4 u r early reply Darren[/b].

But when I click on the 'Process Task' Button

Nothing happens..'Begin task' and 'Finish task

were shown with the same date & time stamp.

But no process takes place and no output file

was generated.

Hope u got my problem now...  

:confused:    :confused:

yesb _

Even I m getting an error message 'Error opening Report File' while selecting 'Process options' tab in 'WorkFlow' tab.

Thanks

Darren _

Yes'B:

Somehow your file is not getting read or "pulled" into the MDP software. Please send me your settings for the following in the .dpf creation:

1). Source Tab. Report file and model file location.

2). Destination Tab. Naming Convention and Filename.

3). Workflow Tab. Any Processing options (pre, post, and process), and File Handling.

Reply with the info and I will test it out for you and reply with a solution.

Darren.

yesb _

Here is details you required

1). Source Tab. Report file

location- 192.168.1.173.MonarchReportsEmp_Info.prn[/b]

model file location

192.168.1.173.MonarchModelsEmp_Info.mod /b

Destination Tab.

Naming Convention -specific filename

Filename

192.168.1.173MonarchExportabc.xls[/b]

3). Workflow Tab. Any Processing options

(pre, post, and process), and File Handling

NONE[/b]

while Im trying to select Processoptions tab from 'workflow' Im getting 'Error opening reportfile'

Darren _

Yes'B:

You need to add some sort of file handling process for this to work. Click on the Workflow Tab. Pre-Processing field can be left blank. When you click on the Process Options tab you will get the error message; "Error opening report file".

Click "OK" to this message.  Click on the Post-processing tab. This can be left blank too. Click on the File handling tab. This is where you need to tell MDP what to do with the file after being processed with Monarch.

The Report File Handling Options need to be set. I click the radio button to set the option:

"Move Report File To This Location". And I set a location for the report file to drop to using the browse function. Let me know if this has already been set or not...

Darren.

yesb _

Yes Darren, I set 'Move Report File To This Location' to a path.when I run the task using 'ProcessTask' No output is created but the Report file is moved to the specified location.

?????  :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    

Darren _

Yes'B,

Do you have a process set for this .dpf in the MDP Process Scheduler? If you do please advise of your settings and what happend when you drop a file in the correct location for processing. Let me know what your processing parameters and Execution Triggers are.

yesb _

The same thing  happend when I created a test process Schedule.

Darren _

Yes'B,

I have tried to re-create your error but cannot. Every time I run a sample file with the same parameters I get an output. The only other thing I can think of is that you change the location of your source .txt file to pick up from another location different from the model file.

Darren.

Gareth Horton

Hi, the only thing I can think of, is that if this is a server version of Datapump, then the Datapump Service needs to run under an account which has the necessary rights to the folders where the reports reside (models as well)

Gareth

Originally posted by Darren:

Yes'B,

I have tried to re-create your error but cannot. Every time I run a sample file with the same parameters I get an output. The only other thing I can think of is that you change the location of your source .txt file to pick up from another location different from the model file.

Darren. /b[/quote]