1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

compatibility

akaras _

My question is whether or not Datapump or Monarch Pro are able to import information from Lotus approach.  For example we have exports set up in Lotus approach, but they must be manually run.  We would like to use Datapump to run these exports daily or weekly.

Thanks for any help you can give.

• compatibility
          Gareth Horton

Monarch Pro / MDP has no native ability to import from Lotus Approach.

If you can connect to Approach via ODBC, then you could extract the information that way.

I tried looking for information on Approach on IBM's site, but came up empty.

It looks like even Access has no ability to import from Approach, they recommend exporting from Approach to an Access-compatible format, then importing from there.

The only thing I can think of is maybe if Approach has some kind of command line that you could use to export the data to another format, then create a Scheduled Task to do that a couple of minutes (or however long it takes) before the MDP process kicks off.

Gareth

Originally posted by akaras:

My question is whether or not Datapump or Monarch Pro are able to import information from Lotus approach.  For example we have exports set up in Lotus approach, but they must be manually run.  We would like to use Datapump to run these exports daily or weekly.

Thanks for any help you can give. /b[/quote]