1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

issues trying to export an excel file

yurista _

First, does Excel have to live on the workstation in order to create an excel export? Second, I read in some other posts that I may need to turn on a system account for interactive processing, however, I don't see an account called system, unless it is the aspnet account. We ended up copying files (mod, prj, and data) local in order to get them to process but we are having trouble getting them to export. Do mod and (xprj) files have to live local as well? Some of our mod files live on Netware servers as opposed to MS Windows. We shouldn't have to do this if the admin account has permissions to obtain these files. Also, your refer to using UNC pathing as opposed to drive letter mappings. I also found some documentation referring to the non-use of special characters in Excel file names. We're just getting started with this tool and we are not making the progress we expected too quick enough. Help please.

• issues trying to export an excel file
          Gareth Horton

Mary

I am assuming you have Data Pump 8.0.

1. If you want to export XLS files with formatting, then you would need Excel installed on the machine where Data Pump is installed.

2.  In order to provide Data Pump access to items such as models, projects and output folders, you need to ensure that the Windows user account under which the Monarch Data Pump 8 service is running has access to these resources.

Netware supports UNC pathing, so there should be no issue using files on Netware, if the service account is authenticated under Netware with the correct credentials to access those resources.

Gareth

Originally posted by yurista:

First, does Excel have to live on the workstation in order to create an excel export? Second, I read in some other posts that I may need to turn on a system account for interactive processing, however, I don't see an account called system, unless it is the aspnet account. We ended up copying files (mod, prj, and data) local in order to get them to process but we are having trouble getting them to export. Do mod and (xprj) files have to live local as well? Some of our mod files live on Netware servers as opposed to MS Windows. We shouldn't have to do this if the admin account has permissions to obtain these files. Also, your refer to using UNC pathing as opposed to drive letter mappings. I also found some documentation referring to the non-use of special characters in Excel file names. We're just getting started with this tool and we are not making the progress we expected too quick enough. Help please. /b[/quote]