2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Jay Dunham RSS

Using report date in table print header

Jay Dunham

I can trap the report date from the page header and append to detail records, but is there anyway to automatically put that date into the header of a report printed from the table view, e.g. "Data as of 9/23/03"?

• Using report date in table print header
          Mike Urbonas

Jay,

Sorry, there is no direct way to have Monarch include data references in the page header or footer.  This may be a feature worth considering for a future version of Monarch.

The key problem is how would Monarch handle data with more than one distinct value in the table.

Monarch lets you reference some useful data in the Monarch page header or footer, such as the report name you are using, model name, filter name or sort name (if any are in effect), etc.

That said, a "cheat" that might work would be to programatically change the report name to the report date, or create a copy of the report with the report date as the report name.  Sorry I don't have something more concrete!

Mike Urbonas

Product Marketing Manager

Datawatch

• Using report date in table print header
            Jay Dunham

Thanks, Mike.  That "cheat" you suggested will work fine for me.  I need to copy the report to my PC in order to automate this report anyway, so I'll just add the date to it and go from there. 

Jay

[size="1"][ September 29, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Jay Dunham ][/size]