6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by SteveM _ RSS

Problems with AutoScripting Files

Lou _

Hello.  This is my first time posting.  My company is upgrading from Windows NT to XP, and we are upgrading Monarch from 4.01 to 7.

We have autoscript code that takes Monarch filtered files and batches them into text (.lis) files for later use.  In version 4.01 we can run all five lines of commands one after another without issues, however, when I try to do this in version 7 I can only get the first line to run.  I've tried to do this a number of different ways, including breaking this up into five different .bat files, but I get the same results--the first line works, but nothing else batches over.  I am including the code we use, below.  Is there something I am missing here, or is there another way I can achieve this?  Thanks for your time.

• Problems with AutoScripting Files
          Lou _

Sorry, here is the code:

Monarch /prj:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarchprojects RG1.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted fileszrg1.lis"

Monarch /prj:"H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsCasual Backdating DV17.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv17.lis" 

Monarch "H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsCasual Backdating DV18.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv18.lis"

Monarch "H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsGain Loss by fund DV17.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv17 by fund.lis" 

Monarch "H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsGain Loss by fund DV18.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv18 by fund.lis"

Grant Perkins

Lou,

Did I read this correctly?

Are you sayiing that the first line always runs but the rest of them will not run even if you try to run them as single line autoscript files?

If so, taking a wild guess based on the naming conventions of the output files, what happens if you open the projects (that fail) and try the export process manually?

As far as other approaches are concerned, do you have V7 Standard or Pro? and have you reviewed the latest export capabilities?

My thinking is that there is a lot to discover in 7 (especially moving from 4) and you may not have had time to look at everything yet or to change existing processes to use new functions if that might be appropriate. So there may be new improved ways to to what you need to do, but also the old procedures you would expect to be compatible but I just wonder of there is something in the model(s) that causes the failure - hence the question about running it manually as a starting point.

Grant

edit - typos

Originally posted by Lou:

Sorry, here is the code:

Monarch /prj:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarchprojects RG1.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted fileszrg1.lis"

Monarch /prj:"H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsCasual Backdating DV17.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv17.lis" 

Monarch "H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsCasual Backdating DV18.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv18.lis"

Monarch "H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsGain Loss by fund DV17.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv17 by fund.lis" 

Monarch "H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsGain Loss by fund DV18.prj" /exp:"H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv18 by fund.lis" /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ September 23, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

Gareth Horton

Hi

There is no need to use Autoscript under NT or XP, just put those commands into a .bat or .cmd file and run that instead.

I have tested V7 here using multiple calls with filenames containing spaces and it works fine.

Gareth

Originally posted by Lou:

Hello.  This is my first time posting.  My company is upgrading from Windows NT to XP, and we are upgrading Monarch from 4.01 to 7.

We have autoscript code that takes Monarch filtered files and batches them into text (.lis) files for later use.  In version 4.01 we can run all five lines of commands one after another without issues, however, when I try to do this in version 7 I can only get the first line to run.  I've tried to do this a number of different ways, including breaking this up into five different .bat files, but I get the same results--the first line works, but nothing else batches over.  I am including the code we use, below.  Is there something I am missing here, or is there another way I can achieve this?  Thanks for your time. /b[/quote]

rnd _

I think I might be some help on this one.  I spent 3 1/2 hours fussing with the same problem.  I sent my batch file to Rose at Datawatch support.  She showed it to others and said they couldn't find anything wrong with the batch file.  The problem is with v7.  (Mine worked fine with v5)

The solution is to put a space in a couple of places.

IN YOUR EXAMPLE:

Make sure there is a space after the /prj:  and /exp: 

Make sure there is also a space before the command line switch /.

Monarch (space) /prj:(space) "H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarchprojects RG1.prj" (space) /exp:(space) "H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted fileszrg1.lis"

I used the word (space) to illustrate what I meant.  I hope this is clear....you would just hit the space bar there.  smile.gif[/img]

rnd _

Another thought I should pass on.  If the order of your command line parameters are report, model, export, you can eliminate the use of the /rep: /mod: /exp: 

They have retained that order in v;7.

However, make sure there is a space between each double quotation mark.

Monarch (space) "H:Account ManagementData Management TeammonarchprojectsCasual Backdating DV17.prj" (space) "H:Account ManagementData Management Teammonarch atted filesdv17.lis"

SteveM _

Hi, I found the solution (I work with Lou).  The project or model file had an invalid Summary that was apparently being ignored in the older version.  I deleted the summary and all five lines of code work now.