6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Andre _ RSS

2 Lines 1 Detail

Andre _

Hi there,

my problem is, that I have one line with a lot of details. In next line there is the descreption of the first line. How can I explain monarch that the second line belongs to the first. Are both lines one detail or second a append or.....

Thanks for helping

Andre

• 2 Lines 1 Detail
          Grant Perkins

Hi Andre,

Do you ALWAYS have 2 lines of details and a description?

If YES then make you template for 2 lines of the report and think of it as a block of data.

If you SOMETIMES have two lines but at other times only one you will need a different approach. What is best may depend on the format of the report and which version of Monarch you are using.

The usual first idea is to set up a MULTI-ROW field that will include your first detail line and then any other lines that may exist until another 'first detail' line is found. Check out the field 'properties' related to 'End field On'.

The field created may then require some further work to separate it into specific data fields but that is not usually too difficult.

Sometimes the extra lines have standard text - field names or prompts, for example 'Desc:' for a description, before the data is printed. The field definition properties related 'Start Field On' .. 'Preceeding String', if set to "Desc:" in the above example, would then allow you to set up a 2 line template with your Description field defined for the second line but to exist ONLY IF the line has the text "DESC:" somewhere on it BEFORE the start of the defined field.

If these ideas are not clear or you cannot get them to work, let us know and also advise us which version of Monarch you have avialable. (Later versions have more possibilities.)

If you are able to provide a sample of the report layout you could post it to the forum (using the Instant UBB "Code" button found on the post creation page) so that we can see the report format accurately for ourselves and so provide the best advice to you.

Best regards,

Grant

Originally posted by Andre:

Hi there,

my problem is, that I have one line with a lot of details. In next line there is the descreption of the first line. How can I explain monarch that the second line belongs to the first. Are both lines one detail or second a append or.....

Thanks for helping

Andre /b[/quote]

• 2 Lines 1 Detail
            Andre _

(I have one line and two lines. (both)

And i'm using Monarch 7.01 as a beginner.

Thank for helping A                                                                               

[font="courier"]  /font[/quote]

• 2 Lines 1 Detail
              Grant Perkins

Hi Andre,

Nearly OK! The start 'code' identifier was at the end of the report sample. As I find so often happens when I post things the insert just does not go where I think it is going to go!

You can edit the post if you wish. Look at the end of the posted report sample and you should be able to see the star and end commends for the code section. Just remove the first of them and insert it before the report sample and all will be OK.

I can see the layout from your post. Am I right in thinking that you can have multiple 1 or 2 line detail entries for each higher level grouping?

In other words your detail lines start in the middle of the page and are grouped under each "Wertzeile" code entry? (Sorry, my very /i limited knowledge of German may mean that I am asking a stupid question).

I have attempted to cut and paste the report into a different form but for some reason it is presenting as a very wide document and the specific German characters are disturbing the alignment more than I would like. Probably better if you send me a file. I will send a Private Message with my email address.

Regards,

Grant

I could send you the textfile by e-mail. i tried to post the file with "code", but.....

(I have one line and two lines. (both)

And i'm using Monarch 7.01 as a beginner.

Thank for helping Andre

[font="courier"]     

**(041)***************************************************************************************************************************                                                                               

Einzelnachweis Bewegungen nach Vollkosten         in Währung: EUR        040001/2.50.00         Datum   : 23.01.2004    Seite  :   1                                                                               

100 VATRO Trocknungs- +                           Periode : 01.2003 - 13.2003                   Uhr     : 11:34:54      ID     : BR                                                                               

•                                                                                 

KST / GER Bezeichnung                                                                               

101 Olpe Verwaltung                 Verantwortlicher:                                                                               

MC/ Auftragsnr. : OLPE                                                                               

-

Wertzeile Bezeichnung                    Ap   KOA/KST  Per. Übern    Belegnr /  -datum   Betrag/ Menge ME/ Text                 Art                                                                               

-

37400 Skontodifferenz (Ertrag) 16 %  FB     37400 08.03   291           1 01.08.03          40,40-                          VK                                                                               

MaWo Estri,Dortmund                                                                               

40,40-   * Summe Applikation    VK                                                                               

37400 Skontodifferenz (Ertrag) 16 %  KR   8030001 08.03   315           1 31.08.03          40,40                           VK                                                                               

Umbuchung                                                                               

40,40    * Summe Applikation    VK                                                                               

0,00  *** Summe Wertzeile      VK                                                                               

87400 Skontodifferenz (Aufwand) 16 % FB     87400 11.03   448  1115342002 10.01.03           8,18                           VK                                                                               

Kreiswohnungsbau- +                                                                               

11.03   448  1212370302 30.06.03           0,01                           VK                                                                               

SMD Schlac,Duisburg                                                                               

11.03   448  1103110303 27.03.03          15,47                           VK                                                                               

GbR Rothma,Lüdensche                                                                               

23,66    * Summe Applikation    VK                                                                               

87400 Skontodifferenz (Aufwand) 16 % KR   8030001 11.03   459           1 30.11.03          23,66-                          VK                                                                               

Umbuchung                                                                               

23,66-   * Summe Applikation    VK                                                                               

0,00  *** Summe Wertzeile      VK                                                                               

0,00 **** Summe KST/KTR        VK                                                                               

41100 Löhne                          FB     41100 12.03   525           1 31.12.03       2.502,99                           VK                                                                               

Zuführung Urlaubsrückst. 2003                                                                               

2.502,99   ** Summe Periode        VK                                                                               

41100 Löhne                          KR     41100 01.03    27           1 31.01.03         119,70-                          VK                                                                               

Umbuchung Januar 2003                                                                               

01.03    27           1 31.01.03          19,94-                          VK                                                                               

Umbuchung Januar 2003                                                                               

139,64-   * Summe Applikation    VK                                                                               

41100 Löhne                          PW     41100 01.03    14           0 01.01.03       1.624,26                           VK                                                                               

41100 Löhne                          PW     41500 01.03    14           0 01.01.03         119,70                           VK                                                                               

**(041)***************************************************************************************************************************                                                                               

Einzelnachweis Bewegungen nach Vollkosten         in Währung: EUR        040001/2.50.00         Datum   : 23.01.2004    Seite  :  35                                                                               

100 VATRO Trocknungs- +                           Periode : 01.2003 - 13.2003                   Uhr     : 11:34:54      ID     : BR                                                                               

•                                                                                 

KST / GER Bezeichnung                                                                               

1110011 Hannover Trocknung CCB (Op)     Verantwortlicher:                                                                               

MC/ Auftragsnr. : HANNOV.TROCKCCB                                                                               

-

Wertzeile Bezeichnung                    Ap   KOA/KST  Per. Übern    Belegnr /  -datum   Betrag/ Menge ME/ Text                 Art                                                                               

-

41100 Löhne                          PW     41700 01.03    14           0 01.01.03          19,94                           VK                                                                               

1.763,90    * Summe Applikation    VK                                                                               

1.624,26   ** Summe Periode        VK                                                                               

/font[/quote][/b][/quote]

• 2 Lines 1 Detail
                Grant Perkins

Andre,

Err, I would send you a Private Message but the facility is not enabled for your forum profile.

If you send me a message giving your email address I will reply with mine so that you can send the file. I could make up a file to show the concept but I think it would be better to work with you own report if possible.

Regards,

Grant

• 2 Lines 1 Detail
                  Andre _

Thank you Grant,

but i guess i got it.

I defined the second line as a food-line (correct in english???) the opposite of header.

And it works.

Thanks for your efforts.

Andre

• 2 Lines 1 Detail
                    Andre _

Hi Grant,

it doesn't work.    :mad: 

give me your e-mail adress and i will send you

the file.

André