3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Oli _ RSS

Multiple Models on one Report for one Export

Carol _

Newbie to the forum here.  Have been using Monarch 5.0 and 6.0 for about three years.

Question:  We have a three page report that actually, by format, is three separate reports but on one report initiation.

It takes 4 models to extract all the data.  This because 80% of the report is one field accumulators, but two areas are columnar lists of data.  I would like to automate the application of these 4 models to this one report and the resulting export to Excel, probably the accumulators on one tab and the lists on other tabs.

Is this possible with V6?  Is this possible with V7?  Don't/Can't do VBscript.

I did search the knowledge base for info and did not recognize my topic.

• Multiple Models on one Report for one Export
          Bruce _

Carol

Just to make sure of what you said..

you have one report, but the complextity makes you run 4 models, but the final output is one report?

I think that Version 7 pro can help in this, you would have to use the autoscript to run 4 seperate models, appending to the same final file.

Bruce

Grant Perkins

Carol,

We had a similar problem to consider a couple of months ago, though in that case the htree secions of the report were of a similar (but subtly different) format once we had identified that the output from the orginal .pdf file was centre justified. Getting rid of the centring made life much easier.

Which leads me to suggest that you might be able to reduce your process to a 2 stage (maybe one stage but that sounds a little optimistic at the moment) process that would be easier to set up and manage.

My thinking is that the first stage would simply (?) re-format the report or manipulate it in some other way to make it possible to export a new file that could then be used with a second model to get the information you want.

The only problem with suggesting this is that the rules for each report have to be made up as we go along. Which means that the only way I can tell if the idea has merit is to have a look at your source report.

It sounds like it is probably not an option  to post a sample on the board. However, if you are in a position to release a file - either a real one or something that is the real format but with the data altered for privacy - I would be pleased to have a look at it and make some suggestions.

If you send me a private message via the board I will respond with my email address and we can take it from there.

Do you have V6 Pro or Standard?

I think Bruce may well be correct about V7 (recommended anyway in my opinion ...) but if that is not relly an option for you at the moment the 're-arranging' approach, if viable,  may help to make a better job for V6 or even V5 use until you can get to V7.

Grant

Originally posted by Carol:

Newbie to the forum here.  Have been using Monarch 5.0 and 6.0 for about three years.

Question:  We have a three page report that actually, by format, is three separate reports but on one report initiation.

It takes 4 models to extract all the data.  This because 80% of the report is one field accumulators, but two areas are columnar lists of data.  I would like to automate the application of these 4 models to this one report and the resulting export to Excel, probably the accumulators on one tab and the lists on other tabs.

Is this possible with V6?  Is this possible with V7?  Don't/Can't do VBscript.

I did search the knowledge base for info and did not recognize my topic. /b[/quote]

Oli _

I have the same problem. I try to use the autoscript via a batch file with Monarch Pro 8 and Windows XP. But the batch-script isn’t working successfully:

I use the projectfile: 123.xprj

This file works for its own perfect.

Content of my batchscript

"W:......123.xprj" /prj:

/exp:  "W:...456.xls" /t

How can I make a script, which is working in this way ?

What command do I have to use, when I’d like to export a special summary window in a special file (with overwrite or append option).

Kind Regards

Oli