1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Creating an Append Template

James F

I am creating a template that I can use to extract accumulators from payroll registers from various locations.  I want to append the location name to each report.  I defined the fields but somehow I have managed only to have the name from the report I used to build the template when I attempt to use this template on another location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Creating an Append Template
          Grant Perkins

James,

I'm not clear what you mean by 'various locations'.

Are these separate files somewhere, each having different data sets to extract from or a single file which has data that can can be separated by a location code?

I assume the former but thought it best to check.

If they are separate reports and each has its own code for location (particularly if the code exists in the reports header) it should be possible to highlight the code as a field and so get the name to change as part of a report heading.

Is there any chance that you could post something that outlies the structures (briefly) so that we could visualise the problem and try to come up with some better guidance?

Grant

Originally posted by James F:

I am creating a template that I can use to extract accumulators from payroll registers from various locations.  I want to append the location name to each report.  I defined the fields but somehow I have managed only to have the name from the report I used to build the template when I attempt to use this template on another location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks /b[/quote]