3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Mike Urbonas RSS

Monarch Documentation

andy silman

Is there any standards or software package available that would allow me to document the various models and inputs and outputs I use for these models.

The number of models I am currently using have become too many to remember or I just got too old. In  any event I would like to train a back-up and need to document all the things happening. I cannot use data pump because the input file names vary too much and some of the analysis is quick and dirty, but if we had something similar to an SQL type menu pulldown or some other self-documenting or document assisting package my life would be much easier.

If any of the users have any home-made solutions or Datawatch has a new better improved package, I am sure others would also appreciate it.

Many thanks

Andy

I am currently using Monarch Pro 8.01

• Monarch Documentation
          Mike Urbonas

Hi Andy.  Have you tried the File -> Project and Model Information... option in Monarch?  Try that and click on the Model tab.  This view contains every detail about the model.  Also, this view will also display whatever values for "Author" and "Description" sections which you enter in the General tab.

To save this view, I suggest (1) right click within the view, choose Select All and do a copy and paste into MS Word, or (2) If you have Adobe Acrobat, do a right click, select Print and then select Adobe PDF as your "printer" to save as PDF.

Regards

Mike Urbonas

Product Marketing Manager

Datawatch

• Monarch Documentation
            andy silman

Thanks for the prompt feedback Mike. I was hoping for something more sophisticated that could work itself into a procedures manual.

The method you suggest is very detailed for an operator, I was looking more for stuff for a systems maintenance analyst.

I would appreciate any other suggestions you may have.

• Monarch Documentation
              Mike Urbonas

Hi Andy, please clarify further what specific end deliverable you are looking to have. Would it be some kind of database with model names and related information?  Or something else...?

Mike