1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Unable to Import PDF File

Ian Walker

I have a photocopy machine that can also scan and pdf a printed bank statement and then it e-mails the file to me.

When I open up the pdf file in Monarch v8 pro (Non Network) my screen is blank. Therefore I cannot capture any of the items on the report I need to analyze. I've tried all the different orientations when scanning the document but have no luck.

Can anyone out there help?

thanks

Ian

• Unable to Import PDF File
          Grant Perkins

Ian,

I suspect the scanner is producing a PDF file of a graphic which looks like text whereas Monarch specifically works with the text from a PDF file which may also contain graphics.

If your scanner can produce and OCR analyzable file you may be able to do something but it all starts to get a little messy when you are reliant on OCR reader accuracy.

[url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001027"]This[/url] thread may provide some relevant information to assist you one way or another.

Alternatively do you have the possibility to ask the bank to provide access to the statement in an electronic form and then work with that?

HTH

Grant

[size="1"][ May 01, 2006, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]