2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Tom Grant RSS

Odd behavior...

Tom Grant

Monarch V5.02...

[url="http://www.lacodeworks.com/upload/monarch.zip"]Download Monarch.zip file...[/url]

The above zip file contains the source report (stdin), the model file and the export file.

I tried for several hours to get this to output properly, but to no avail.  Each record should start with the Item Number record, with a separate line for each Customer No. & summary line (line with '*********' in it.

The best I've been able to get is this format with the nulls in part of the 1st line, and the summary values offset by one record. 

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me...

Thanks in advance!

Tom Grant

• Odd behavior...
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Tom Grant:

Monarch V5.02...

...  Each record should start with the Item Number record, with a separate line for each Customer No. & summary line (line with '*********' in it.

/b[/quote]Tom,

You need to change your current DETAIL template to an APPEND template and your APPEND template for the lines with the  ********** records to the DETAIL template.

That looks like it should work although I don't have a running 5.02 system at the moment with which to check it.

You can then make the table order to be as you need it by moving the field columns as required and sorting on the Item Number (Part Number?) and Customer columns.

To get the output to be in Item Number order in column 1, but with the number displayed on one line only, you will need to create a Summary with Item Number as the first key and then 'suppress duplicates' for that column.

Add the other columns for the output in the order of precedence for the output format you require and that should be job done.

Or you could take the summary analysis potential further by making the relevant numeric field values in the summary and using the drill up/down facilities.

HTH

Grant

• Odd behavior...
            Tom Grant

Thanks!  That worked beautifully!