4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by VTHokie _ RSS

Detail View

VTHokie _

I have just upgraded to Monarch Pro Ver8. I am trying to change the default view from "Details" to the "List" view when I open a Report window or Model window but I can not seem to get it to stick. Is there a setting in the regedit to force this to the List view.

Thanks

• Detail View
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by VTHokie:

Is there a setting in the regedit to force this to the List view.

/b[/quote]Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you look up SETTINGS in the help file you will find a list of the settings that can be 'tuned' to your requirements and where and how they are set. ( I assume by LIST you are referring to the Table?)

For you particular need the more evident solution is to save the Report and Model as a Project. This will retain all the information required, including which window (Report, Table, Summary or any combination) was last displayed when the project was saved, which may go some way towards giving you a solution. Just open the project rather than opening the report and model separately.

Otherwise I guess it could also be achieved with a batch script acting something like a kind of project definition and opening Monarch, loading teh report and model and then leaving you in the wondow of your choosing. The Automation section in the help should provide enough information if you are not already familiar with it.

There may be other alternatives but those are the ones that come to mind.

HTH.

Grant

• Detail View
            VTHokie _

Thanks Grant, I had already checked the settings in the help file but did not see anything on changing the window view. Likewise, I have saved as projects and that works because you do not have to make any decisions. I have the problem of having 6 or 8 people using the software that really do not adapt well to change (I am sure that you have heard the dreaded "We never had to do that before!" comment.

Thanks again.

• Detail View
              Grant Perkins

Originally posted by VTHokie:

I have the problem of having 6 or 8 people using the software that really do not adapt well to change (I am sure that you have heard the dreaded "We never had to do that before!" comment.

/b[/quote]You have my sympathy on that.

I think I would be tempted to go down the script route and then give them one or two clickable buttons - one for the table, another for the report. Do you use Summaries? If so a third. Then they can just click on whatever they want to start with.

On second thoughts it might be easier to change of retrain the people.    :eek: 

Grant

• Detail View
                VTHokie _

Grant, you make good sense in all of your suggestions. I think I will give them one shot with the scripts before I try your other suggestions.

Thanks,

Duane