2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Error Encountered: Trap line > 1 cannot be used on this file

Nick Osdale-Popa

V7

I've got a report that is 4000+ lines long. (It's actually two reports combined and I'm only using the first report)

My detail trap is only 1 line long that's trapping a weekending date and a gross pay amount per employee.

Next is an Append trap that's 3 lines.  It's trapping a Job Number. It's using information on the 3rd for the trap, but returning the Job field that's on the 1st line.

And finally I've got a Footer Trap that's 1 line long that's trapping the report total (for auditing purposes).

So the only trap that would cause the error is my append trap, and I'm not exactly sure why.

Any ideas?

• Error Encountered: Trap line > 1 cannot be used on this file
          Nick Osdale-Popa

It probably helps[/b] to read the Help[/b] file:

Trap line >1 cannot be used with this file.

This error message is used when Monarch cannot find an occurrence of a trap after 32000 lines (equivalent to approximately 500 pages).  This limitation applies when a trap is defined on other than the first line of a multiple line template.  In most cases this error indicates an improper trap.

The last line on my report occurs on page 1,870. The second report starts on 1,871.  Since the traps don't apply to the second report, I'm getting the error.  Is it possible to turn this error off?

• Error Encountered: Trap line > 1 cannot be used on this file
            Gareth Horton

Nick,

There's no way to suppress that error.

It may be worth us reviewing the reason for that limitation and see if it still applies.

I'm sorry you fell between the cracks on this one Nick.

Gareth

Originally posted by Nick Osdale-Popa:

It probably helps[/b] to read the Help[/b] file:

Trap line >1 cannot be used with this file.

This error message is used when Monarch cannot find an occurrence of a trap after 32000 lines (equivalent to approximately 500 pages).  This limitation applies when a trap is defined on other than the first line of a multiple line template.  In most cases this error indicates an improper trap.

The last line on my report occurs on page 1,870. The second report starts on 1,871.  Since the traps don't apply to the second report, I'm getting the error.  Is it possible to turn this error off? /b[/quote]