2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by David Shepard RSS

Monarch via Java COM

ScottD _

Has anyone in this forum had any luck in creating a Java client to call the Monarch.exe via COM and then executing the ExportTable method? I am trying to use Monarch for just a file conversion.

I am using an open source library called JACOB to make the COM call and have no trouble in instantiating the Monarch32 COM object.

I first run into trouble when I call the "SetProjectFile" method as you can see in the Monarch log file here:

-

Session started:   Monday, January 02, 2006 17:30

Cannot open external database Text; - cppdwn#txt.

Set project file: C:MonarchTestCertified-GBS2.xprj

-

This is with Monarch 8.01.

I can use the project and mod files successfully if I open the project file in Monarch and it also works from the command line.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

• Monarch via Java COM
          ScottD _

As a follow-up to this question let me also say that I have tried the same calls to the Monarch32 COM object via IBM Java COM bridge (Bridge2Java) and have received the exact same error when attempting to open a project file.

I was hoping that I might be missing a simple step but I suspect that using a Java client is just not possible at this time.

• Monarch via Java COM
            David Shepard

Could the new Version 9.0 allow for better calls to Monarch from a Java app?