2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:59 AM by ron cousino RSS

Apply filter to database in Monarch Pro

ron cousino

Is there a way to save and edit the apply filter function when working with a database in Monarch Pro 7.0?  I want to do the same query on a daily, once a week, or monthly time frame but be able to edit the filtering to cut down on user intervention and response time. 

I know I can create a model to filter after I have selected the database and tables I need, however I like to use later filters for other purposes.  The apply database filter reduces my "crank" time.

• Apply filter to database in Monarch Pro
          Grant Perkins

Ron,

You can apply database filter first time you load the database (not if the database is a delimited file), then that will be saved in model for the next time you open the base. Also via a project.

I had wondered if you could use a Runtime variable calculated field as part of the database filter and just prompt the operator for a value but that looks like a "future wish". So the only thing I can think of right now is the old fallback of multiple models, one for each variation on the filter that you require.

If you then made each of these a project the users could simply load the 'Weekly' project or the 'Monthly' project and so on.

If you go that route (assuming I have got your requirement right) I would make the database filter the last part of the model build - i.e. after you hve developed all of the internally used filters, calculated fields and so on. Much less work that way! Just save the models/projects with different names according to the database filter.

Alternatively if you did the database filters first and set up the multiple models, Workstore might be a useful investment.

Hope this helps a little.

Grant

Originally posted by ron cousino:

Is there a way to save and edit the apply filter function when working with a database in Monarch Pro 7.0?  I want to do the same query on a daily, once a week, or monthly time frame but be able to edit the filtering to cut down on user intervention and response time. 

I know I can create a model to filter after I have selected the database and tables I need, however I like to use later filters for other purposes.  The apply database filter reduces my "crank" time. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ January 27, 2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

• Apply filter to database in Monarch Pro
            ron cousino

I am not sure how to set up a runtime variable but will investigate that further.  Yes, the filter does save if a project but it becomes a static database at that point.  Filtering after the database is brought into a Monarch table is very time consuming since I can't edit the filter until the table is populated.  For small databases that is fine but with such things as account detail even with a fast pc and database repository I can grab a few winks.  Workstore sounds like another application to learn.