3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Bruce _ RSS

Date change

John Rushton

How I can change date from 20040123 to 01/23/2004 in Monarch?

• Date change
          Bruce _

John

If I understand correctly, it is just the date in Monarch that shows up like this, and not the source data?

If yes just change the data format on the field properties from format general (the default) to short date. As long as your computer is set to north american date formats, the date will show as m/d/yyyy.

Good luck,

Bruce

• Date change
            John Rushton

In FIELD PROPERTIES I changed the TYPE to DATE/TIME and FORMAT to SHORT DATE. Monarch converts what is in the cell 20020726

to a left justified -.

When I export the table to Excel the cells in Excel are blank.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

• Date change
              Bruce _

John

Are the setting in Monarch for the date set up the same way as the orginal data?  Options, input date format in ver 7. Make sure that the date format on your the input field matches up to the settings.

If they are not, then the date field is coming in as a string & monarch reads it only as a string & when you switch it to date, it "blanks" out. I am wondering if you have a date string inputing as yyyymmdd, but the input parameter is set uo for m/d/y.

If this is not the case, I am at a loss what to suggest. Monarch is usually very date aware and

all types of dates should work. Then only time you get problems is when you have dates like 02/04/04, as the context does not tell you if you have month-day-year, day-month-year or something else.

Good luck

Bruce