2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by JoeB _ RSS

Numbers shifting when exporting to Excel

JoeB _

I am having a problem with numbers in columns shifting when I export summaries from Monarch 7 to Excel 2002 on an XP machine.  It appears that when the data gets to Excel the numbers are shifting across the cells that are Zeros or nulls in Monarch.  The data is fine in Monarch but when it is exported to Excel they are shifted over one column.

The problem seems to have started when I upgraded to Monarch 7.  If it was happening in Monarch 6 I never noticed. 

Is there a fix?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Numbers shifting when exporting to Excel
          Grant Perkins

Hi Joe,

Have a look  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000130#000002"]here[/url] and see if the information helps.

Failing that there are a few other references if you search the forums using the word 'shift'.

If that doesn't fix it you've found a new problem I reckon!

Grant

Originally posted by JoeB:

I am having a problem with numbers in columns shifting when I export summaries from Monarch 7 to Excel 2002 on an XP machine.  It appears that when the data gets to Excel the numbers are shifting across the cells that are Zeros or nulls in Monarch.  The data is fine in Monarch but when it is exported to Excel they are shifted over one column.

The problem seems to have started when I upgraded to Monarch 7.  If it was happening in Monarch 6 I never noticed. 

Is there a fix?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ March 23, 2006, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]

• Numbers shifting when exporting to Excel
            JoeB _

I ran the Windows updates and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks