5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Columnar FOrmat in Report

TPAUL _

Hello

I deal with a report that has six columns. Problem is the first 3 columns and 2nd three columns are the same. (example Account number, Currency, position ...then Account number, currency , position format repeated with different data on the same line)

The template that I would like to make - would have the account field pull from the 1st and second occurrence on the same line.

Is this possible?

What I do now is have 2 models -- pull the left column -- then the right column. I would like to avoid this.

Thanks

• Columnar FOrmat in Report
          Nick Osdale-Popa

Hmmm...by the description you've given, it sounds like the Multiple Column Region feature of Monarch 7 would do the trick.

Can you show an outline of how your data is presented?

TPAUL _

I am using 5.02 -- the report is similar to below. I use two detail templates - one to get the left 3 columns, then another to get the right column. I use  an append template to get the Security Description.

Then I amnually add the two tables together in Access97 after extracting.

ANy help appreciated.

'THANKS

Tim

Security: Microsoft Common Shares

-

Account  Cur  Position  Account  Cur  Position

-

000-00000 U$   10,000   001-00001 EM   10,001

555-55555 CA   80,000   002-12345 CA   78,090

Total:    178,091

Grant Perkins

I think Nick predicted absolutely right. V7 is tailor made for your requirement. The small investment would save you a lot of work and should pay for itself in no time at all. Plus you get a whole load of other benefits over 5.02.

Go for it and be sure to order the Pro version - you will find it a hugely powerful tool. (In case you are wondering, no, I don't work for Datawatch and yes I do have copies of 5.02, 6.01 and 7.0, all the PRO version)

Good luck,

Grant

Originally posted by TPAUL:

I am using 5.02 -- the report is similar to below. I use two detail templates - one to get the left 3 columns, then another to get the right column. I use  an append template to get the Security Description.

Then I amnually add the two tables together in Access97 after extracting.

ANy help appreciated.

'THANKS

Tim

Security: Microsoft Common Shares

-

Account  Cur  Position  Account  Cur  Position

-

000-00000 U$   10,000   001-00001 EM   10,001

555-55555 CA   80,000   002-12345 CA   78,090

Total:    178,091 /b[/quote]

Nick Osdale-Popa

I feel smarmy now (don't ask) for seeming like a salesman, more now than ever.

As a matter of fact, I've tried to introduce Monarch to someone I met on another message board.  He's in the IT Dept, but he deals with HIPAA and patient data and I pointed him to the Monarch and HIPAA pdf on the website. 

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a PDF reader installed.  I pointed him to the Monarch site nonetheless to at least be able to see the benefits of this wonderful software tool.

Grant Perkins

Sorry for drifting well off topic here but ....

Nick, I find it amazing that ANYONE can claim they don't have a PDF reader installed these days. They are so ubiquitous I thought they were UN funded! 

For someone claiming to be working in IT to not have a reader is TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE. I mean, however would they be able to read the manuals ....?

Ah! I see flaw in my argument. Who on earth in IT ever reads the manuals anyway .... 

OK. I am convinced that the person you refered to must work in IT.     

Grant

Originally posted by Nick Osdale-Popa:

I feel smarmy now (don't ask) for seeming like a salesman, more now than ever.

As a matter of fact, I've tried to introduce Monarch to someone I met on another message board.  He's in the IT Dept, but he deals with HIPAA and patient data and I pointed him to the Monarch and HIPAA pdf on the website. 

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a PDF reader installed.  I pointed him to the Monarch site nonetheless to at least be able to see the benefits of this wonderful software tool. /b[/quote]