3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Connecting to Access queries

Andrew _

Does anyone know how to display all the queries, when connecting to an access database ?

We cannot get all the queries to display within the connection window. Have tried various Monarch version and all MS Access types with the same results.

• Connecting to Access queries
          Grant Perkins

Just seen the post so tried it out. I happen to be using Monarch 6.01 on a sytem with XP Home but I was reading a file from a Win 98SE system running Access 97. I assume direct access to access rather than ODBC?

No problem seeing the queries in Access. Presume you can see the check boxes for 'List Tables' and List Queries' in the 'Select Dataset' window?

Are you seeing some queries and not others?

Grant

Originally posted by Andrew:

Does anyone know how to display all the queries, when connecting to an access database ?

We cannot get all the queries to display within the connection window. Have tried various Monarch version and all MS Access types with the same results.[/b][/quote]

Andrew _

Thanks for the reply

Yes direct access to a database.

Yes the tick box is used

We can see some queries, but not all. It will not show any cross-tab queries we've created.

We've created a work around :

Create a new table and dump all the stuff    there

Connect to this table

However, we think this is cheating and what the correct answer.

Andrew

Grant Perkins

This is not something I have in depth experience of so no past knowledge of odd events to call on.

However I just did a quick test using the good old MS Northwind file, added a crosstab query and I could see it OK in Monarch and it even gave me some data!

Therefore I suspect that you have found something which falls outside the boundaries of standard use.

The first thing that springs to mind is to check the security settings for the cross-tab queries in Access. I have no specific reason for suggesting this but odd things often start with issues of security!

I have found just now that changing the security settings on my newly created crosstab query (in Access of course) can remove it from the list, or leave it there with no access to the data depending on the settings.

Oddly other queries also seem to disappear at the same time ...

Reset full access rights and they all re-appear. See if you get the same.

Good luck. If I come up with any other ideas I'll let you know. Maybe some of the other members will know exactly what the problem is.

Grant

Originally posted by Andrew:

Thanks for the reply

Yes direct access to a database.

Yes the tick box is used

We can see some queries, but not all. It will not show any cross-tab queries we've created.

We've created a work around :

Create a new table and dump all the stuff    there

Connect to this table

However, we think this is cheating and what the correct answer.

Andrew[/b][/quote]