6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Mike Urbonas RSS

JD Edwards OneWorld Report Input Problem

Matt _

We are slowly converting reports to a new version of JD Edwards (ERP system)One World.  My frustration is that I am getting a Microsoft Excel CSV file but I cannot pull the

Thank you.

Matt

• JD Edwards OneWorld Report Input Problem
          Grant Perkins

Do you have Monarch 5 or greater? Have you tried importing the CSV file as a database?

Have you checked your Input Options?

Sounds like the CSV file has <CR-LF> somewhere maybe?

I would be happy to play with a sample file if you feel able to provide one. Send me a private message with an email address and I will give you an email address in return.

Best regards.

Grant

PS. Mike reminds me below that I should have pointed out that the PRO versions are required to take advantage of the CSV file as a database. I must try to remember that - the PRO version has always been the standard for me so I tend to forget.    redface.gif[/img]   

Originally posted by Matt:

We are slowly converting reports to a new version of JD Edwards (ERP system)One World.  My frustration is that I am getting a Microsoft Excel CSV file but I cannot pull the

Thank you.

Matt /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ June 18, 2003, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

Mike Urbonas

Matt, I agree with Grant...sounds like you are using either an old version of Monarch, or a non-Pro edition of Monarch.  Monarch Pro (now in brand new v7 release) can now open CSV files directly as a native data source.  There is no report modeling process needed; Monarch Pro opens your CSV data dirdctly into the Monarch Table view.  Try it, you'll like it!   [img]smile.gif[/img] 

JDE OneWorld basically outputs reports in two primary formats, CSV and PDF.  Using Monarch Pro with CSV files is the easiest way to go.  (Sidebar: it is possible, if necessary, to convert DF to text first using our Redwing software.)

[size="1"][ June 17, 2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Mike Urbonas ][/size]

Grant Perkins

Mike,

Can I call on your knowledge of JDE software on this please!

The files Matt has are csv BUT formatted so that they look like a printed report would when they are displayed in Excel. Full page header, Line Feeds and everything (though only one 'Page'). Is there an option to have this on or off when creating the report in JDE?

If not it leaves the whole thing in the middle of nowhere in terms of simple analysis as far as I can see right now.

Any ideas welcomed .....

Grant

Originally posted by Mike Urbonas:

Matt, I agree with Grant...sounds like you are using either an old version of Monarch, or a non-Pro edition of Monarch.  Monarch Pro (now in brand new v7 release) can now open CSV files directly as a native data source.  There is no report modeling process needed; Monarch Pro opens your CSV data dirdctly into the Monarch Table view.  Try it, you'll like it!     [img]smile.gif[/img]   

JDE OneWorld basically outputs reports in two primary formats, CSV and PDF.  Using Monarch Pro with CSV files is the easiest way to go.  (Sidebar: it is possible, if necessary, to convert DF to text first using our Redwing software.) /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ June 18, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

Mike Urbonas

Grant, thank you for your message.  I guess I'd have to see the JDE-generated CSV file myself (Matt is that OK?)

Mike

Matt _

Mike you hit on why this is so frustrating for me.  I have version 7 of Monarch Pro which according to the literature has no trouble reading CSV reports/files/documents.  Trouble is I think that when JDEdwards One World creates this report there must be more going on then I am aware.

I gave a sample file to Grant and he has come back with several good ideas.  Hopefully I will get some free time this afternoon to try a few of his suggestions.

If you would like to look at a sample file I would be happy to pass along.

Matt

Mike Urbonas

Hi Matt.

As I mentioned via private email to you, JDE's version of a CSV file is different from a CSV database!  Basically Monarch Pro is expecting a CSV database[/i]; that is, just the data separated by one comma each, for example:

"CAR",100,200,"BLUE"

"CAR",40,150,"GREEN"

"TRUCK",40,230,"BLUE"

However, I think we do have a workaround, which I emailed to you...let me know what you think, and if possible, perhaps we can post a portion of the file you sent me (excluding any confidential data, of course), along with the workaround for others to see.

Mike