4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch 7 date export summary

Ron Jones

Just got 7 hoped that the export of dates from the summary would have been addressed. It still does not export dates to excel so they can be grouped in a pivot table. This is because the dates don't make it to excel as date formats. Any help on this one? Thanks

Ron Jones

• Monarch 7 date export summary
          Stephen Reid

Hi Rob

I never noticed this before   :confused: .  Just took a look now and it seems as though the dates export fine from the table view but when exported from a summary they come out preceeded by a '.

You can still pivot by this in excel it just doesn't sort them as a date it sorts them as a text field.

Is this the same problem you are encountering?

Stephen Reid

Rob??? Sorry Ron  redface.gif[/img] .

Ron Jones

Stephen  you are correct in that you have identified the problem. I have been using the summary, now I have to export from the data sheet in order for the dates to be grouped in excel pivot tables in yr qtr and month. Wish they could fix this little oversite. Thanks for the response. Ron Jones

Grant Perkins

Ron,

Not sure that this is an oversight as such, though I can understand how frustrating it can be.

Have a look at  [url="http://www.datawatch.com/vortexmlsupport/monarch_faq.htm#33"]www.datawatch.com/vortexmlsupport/monarch_faq.htm#33[/url] from the general FAQ section on the Datawatch web site. The automatic link does not seem to get to the right section. Paste the URL in to your browser and it should give you the section I wanted to reference at the top of the page. The FAQ is

"When I export from the Summary Window, my numeric fields no longer hold a numeric data type."

Is there no solution available through the use of calculated fields to "re-format" the dates (ccyymmdd or Julian perhaps) or simply establish a value for which month/quarter, etc.  and summarise by that? Ideas off the top of my head with no investigation done so far so my apologies if they seem irrelevant or ridiculous ...

Grant

Originally posted by Ron Jones:

Stephen  you are correct in that you have identified the problem. I have been using the summary, now I have to export from the data sheet in order for the dates to be grouped in excel pivot tables in yr qtr and month. Wish they could fix this little oversite. Thanks for the response. Ron Jones /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ July 03, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]