5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by nksri _ RSS

exporting multiple summaries

nksri _

We have Monarch v8.

I have a report to which I apply different filters to get multiple summaries. I can use the manual interactive process to export all summaries, but I need to do it in a batch file, as well as have VB code to do it.

Currently in our batch file we are using separate lines to open the report, open the model(each one using a different filter) and export to a file. However this opens up the same report each time. Since these reports are huge it takes a long time.

I would like to make the process more efficient by having to open the report once, and apply one model which has all the different filters to get multiple summaries and export all summaries at once. 

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

• exporting multiple summaries
          Grant Perkins

This sounds like exactly the sort of thing that the Project Export functions would achieve for you.

If you have not seen that feature set I am guessing that you have Monarch Standard rather than Monarch Pro.

If you have Pro and still cannot do what you want I may have missed something important in your description so let me know and I will think again.

Grant

nksri _

I know that it is possible with the Monarch Pro, but we have the Standard version. So i wanted to know if it was possible in this version.

Thanks

Grant Perkins

Ah! OK.

If it was my call I think I would seek to upgrade to obtain the functionality without the need to develop, test and support separate code but maybe the upgrade costs would be very much higher for you if you looked to follow that path.

From what I know it sounds like you are doing what you need to do. However some of the other people with requirements and constraints similar to yours may have some alternative suggestions so I will leave the floor open for them.

Grant

RalphB _

I have Monarch V8 Pro installed and thru visual basic load a report once and apply a model and then apply several filters and extracts whether table or summary without closing the report or model.

Check out the Monarch Programmers guide  [url="http://www.datawatch.com/pdf/products/monarch/Monarch_8_Programmers_Guide.pdf"]here[/url] for more information.

If you have more questions on using vb, post back here.  There are several forum members that use vb scripting and are willing to help you out.

I can't help you with your batch files as I don't use them at work but I'm sure someone knows more about than I.

nksri _

Thanks for your suggestions. I am going to find out about whether we can uprade, otherwise I'll have to do it in VB.