2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Exporting using OLE -- Excel file formats . . .

Becky _

I am using Monarch V5.01; my export options are set for Excel 8.0.  When I manually export a table to Excel, it works fine.

When I automate the task, using OLE, it defaults to Excel 2.1 file format version.

I'm assuming there is a way around this, but can't find it in the reading.  Anyone have experience with this?

• Exporting using OLE -- Excel file formats . . .
          Winn _

Becky,

I am sorry to say that you are out of luck. If you have the Monarch Programmer's Guide, on page 7 (under ExportTable) it states, "The export file type is limited to Monarch V3 capabilities...". That means using OLE automation, you can only create Excel 2.1 files.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is the way it has been set up.

• Exporting using OLE -- Excel file formats . . .
            Gareth Horton

Becky

V6 Pro or V7 Pro will allow you to do this using the JetExportTable and JetExportSummary methods.

Originally posted by Becky:

I am using Monarch V5.01; my export options are set for Excel 8.0.  When I manually export a table to Excel, it works fine.

When I automate the task, using OLE, it defaults to Excel 2.1 file format version.

I'm assuming there is a way around this, but can't find it in the reading.  Anyone have experience with this? /b[/quote]