2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Steve Caiels RSS

Creating Model - one detail line, multiple footer lines

Deborah _

I have a Manman report MGRE120 which consists of the following formatted data:

part number description unit of measure

std cost .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0

cur cost .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0

var cost:.0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0

I'm trying to create a model to export to excel, consisting of the detail line (part no, etc.),

then the last .0 in each of the three subsequent lines. I've got the detail line part OK, but

I can't figure out out to extract only the last .0 of each subsequent line. I tried it w/

a footer, but the detail on the table only picks up the first line's .0 info. Any suggestions?

Running on v6.0 of Monarch.

• Creating Model - one detail line, multiple footer lines
          Tom Whiteside

Deborah, I've run into similar problems in Oracle and have used ASK/Manman before.

Any chance you could make your standard, current, and variable cost lines into your detail lines?  You could selectively trap whichever .0's you wished.  If it's practical to make your present detail line (part #, etc.) into an append field line(s), then you should be okay.

If you scan the Monarch archives, there are many, many, many attempts to find ways around Monarch's "One Footer Line" rule - - none very successful.

The only drawback I can think of from making your part # line into an append field is if you need to trap multiple line part numbers - - it's a little more difficult with an append field than with a detail field.

See if the above might work - - and if you have any problems, please feel free to send me a private message and I can show you some examples I've had to work with.

Good luck!

Tom Whiteside

whitesidetom@yahoo.com[/email]

• Creating Model - one detail line, multiple footer lines
            Steve Caiels

There are two possibilities here depending on your report structure.

1. If your three 'footer' lines are consecutive (or have a consistent format taking less than 64 lines) then you can do a three line footer.  Highlight all three lines then select template>new template.  You'll see all three lines in your sample and you can highlight each of the fields you need taking care of it all in 1 footer.

2. If your fields are not consistently placed after each detail or you don't always have each ‘footer’ line for every detail, then try the preceding string in the advanced fields options.  In certain circumstances, this allows you to grab information below the detail but using append templates.  This is difficult to explain without screen shots, so email me if this doesn’t make sense and I'll send back a sample model.

a) Setup the detail template to extract the partnumber, desc and unit of measure as normal and 'OK' the template.

b) Select the detail line again and use the same trap that you used for the detail template.  Now highlight the field position in the sample line so that it takes up the same columns as the last column on your std cost line. At this point the filed will be in the wrong position. Now double click the field to get to the properties and select advanced.  Type "std cost" (without the quotes) into the preceding string box. Preview it and you should see the grey highlight jump to the correct place.

c) If your 'cur cost' and 'var cost' fields take up the same column space as 'std cost' then you'll need to create two other templates to grab them.  If they are in separate columns, then you can create them in the same template.

Hope this makes sense and works out OK with your report.

Cheers

Steve