2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Dirk Schulze RSS

"Read-Only" Models

Dirk Schulze

I have created a model that creates a 148 character text file and it is imperative that the output structure doesn't change.  This model will be used on a monthly basis by persons other than myself.  I have made the model read-only so that no one accidently makes and saves changes to the model.  This is the first time I've tried this with a model and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any reason that would make a read-only designation undesirable?

• "Read-Only" Models
          Winn _

You would not want to set a model to "read-only" if you had lookup tables that changed on a regular basis. That is the only caveat to read-only models that I can think of. I am sure there are other situations that might exist.

• "Read-Only" Models
            Dirk Schulze

Originally posted by Winn:

You would not want to set a model to "read-only" if you had lookup tables that changed on a regular basis. That is the only caveat to read-only models that I can think of. I am sure there are other situations that might exist. /b[/quote]Fortunately, that's not an issue in this situation.  Thanks