3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by joe14 _ RSS

Password Invalid

P Allen

We create and distribute password protected files on CDs to our customers, which they access using Monarch Report Explorer. 

Once in a while, a customer cannot open the file -they get the message that the password is incorrect. We are certain that the password was being entered correctly, in the correct upper/lower case.  

A person in our office also experienced this and found that saving the file from the CD to the hard drive allowed him to open the file. 

We've sent out 50 CDs a month to 50 different customers for over a year, and have had this happen 6 or 7 times.  The customers have a variety of operating systems.  When asked, they tell us they've made no changes in hardware or software since using last month's file.  And we've made no changes in the model or autoscript.

:confused:

• Password Invalid
          Certegy1Mad _

We edited the Registry for the WorkPath statement under Monarch Report Explorer and pointed Monarch to open the PRF temp files to the c:windows     emp or c:     emp depending on the customer.  What is the offical resolution for this?  We have edited the registry setting and our customer is still unable to open the PRF files that they burned to CD. If they copy the PRF file directly to their Hard-Drive, the PRF opens fine.

I am curious to know if there is something else we need to look at? Any issues with how a CD is burned?  Open Session or Closed Session?

Datawatch please advice. Thanks!

• Password Invalid
            Certegy1Mad _

We edited the Registry for the WorkPath statement under Monarch Report Explorer and pointed Monarch to open the PRF temp files to the c:windows     emp or c:     emp depending on the customer.  What is the offical resolution for this?  We have edited the registry setting and our customer is still unable to open the PRF files that they burned to CD. If they copy the PRF file directly to their Hard-Drive, the PRF opens fine.

I am curious to know if there is something else we need to look at? Any issues with how a CD is burned?  Open Session or Closed Session?

Datawatch please advice. Thanks!

• Password Invalid
                joe14 _

I was having the same issue. I just got it to work.

Even though I typed and retyped several times the password that we're given and have been using it would not work. On a whim I typed the password without any capital letters[/U] and all reports started opening fine.

Since it gave me such a headache I'm making sure to come back and post the solution that worked for me.