6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by Mike Urbonas RSS

Conditional formating with Monarch

Connie _

I have added Totals and SubTotals to my report and would now like to automatically highlight the highest total for each grouping. Is there some type of conditional formating I could use to do this with Monarch?

• Conditional formating with Monarch
          Dee Moore

Hi Connie,

You did not mention which version of Monarch you are using...

I have added Totals and SubTotals to my report and would now like to automatically highlight the highest total for each grouping. Is there some type of conditional formating I could use to do this with Monarch?  /quoteIt may be possible to create the results you need through Monarch 6.01's Summary Window.

Double click on the "Amount" field containing the SubTotals and choose the Coloring tab. Check the GroupName (the field you have used to SubTotal). And in your case, where you want to highlight all of the Groups SubTotals, there is no need to enter a value for the Upper Limit. Choose your Fill Color, click OK and all of your SubTotals will display the background color you choose.

Of course if you would like only like the values above 500.00 to be highlighted, enter this value in the Upper limits cell and choose a color only for the Upper Values.

I hope this is helpful.

Dee Moore

Datawatch Corporation

Technical Support & Model Building

Mike Urbonas

Originally posted by Connie:

I have added Totals and SubTotals to my report and would now like to automatically highlight the highest total for each grouping. Is there some type of conditional formating I could use to do this with Monarch?[/b][/quote]Connie,

The level of conditional formatting possible (as Dee correctly mentions) extends to highlighting all values, or values above and/or below a specified limit value.  I don't think it is possible to highlight only the highest subtotal of all subtotals.  Am I misunderstanding your question...?

Mike

Connie _

Here is an example:

Count     Numbers

52        2,000 to 5,0000

22        5,001 to 10,000

13       10,001 to 15,000

02       15,000 to 20,000

Subtotal for the Count is  89 (accounts)

Now I want to highlight the line that had the hightest count to show that the majority of accounts are in the range of 2,000 to 5,000 dollars.

Connie _

I am currently using 4.0 but have 6.0 on order.

Steve Caiels

Hi Connie,

In V5 and V6, you can sort the summary by summary columns so the line with the highest count can be at the top of your summary. (double click on the key column, go into sorting tab, and select count and decending)

However, I don't think you can highlight the highest value line as such.

Regards

Steve

Mike Urbonas

Originally posted by Connie:

Here is an example:

Count     Numbers

52        2,000 to 5,0000

22        5,001 to 10,000

13       10,001 to 15,000

02       15,000 to 20,000

Subtotal for the Count is  89 (accounts)

Now I want to highlight the line that had the highest count to show that the majority of accounts are in the range of 2,000 to 5,000 dollars.[/b][/quote]Connie, this is doable, but requires a manual adjustment:

In your above example, using Monarch V6, you can double click on your Count summary column, click on the (new V6) "Coloring" tab, and manually input an "Upper Limit" - in your case you could enter, say, 50.  Then you can select a different text and/or cell fill color, which will appear only in the fields that exceed your Upper Limit, in your example, of course, only the "52" field in your summary is affected, which is what you want.

So...yes, this is doable, but I don't see an automated way to always highlight the "Max" value.

Mike