3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:58 AM by RalphB _ RSS

Netexec.exe errror

RalphB _

Sometimes while testing new vb scripts running Monarch I receive the error message that "Netexec.exe... and that a error log is being created".

Where does one find that error log to see what the error is?

• Netexec.exe errror
          Gareth Horton

Ralph

This is a Windows error report, rather than anything controlled by Monarch.  It looks like Monarch is crashing for some reason.

Netexec.exe is the Monarch network executable.

Have you got any more info about under what conditions this error occurs?

Do you get any errors when running Monarch interactively?

Gareth

Originally posted by RalphB:

Sometimes while testing new vb scripts running Monarch I receive the error message that "Netexec.exe... and that a error log is being created".

Where does one find that error log to see what the error is? /b[/quote]

• Netexec.exe errror
            RalphB _

I usually only receive the error message while stepping thru the vb code checking that everything is working properly.  I don't recall offhand receiving it while running the code in real time.  It dosn't happen very often and usually at different spots in the code.  I just close down the spreadsheet and start everything again or re-start the whole machine and it works fine the next time.

It's not that big a deal, but it says it is creating a log file and I was just curious as to where the file was written and what it said and if it would be useful in troubleshooting.

• Netexec.exe errror
              RalphB _

I have been experiencing more "Netexec.exe" errors lately while running scripts.  It seems to happen most frequently when I am opening multiple reports and exporting them as one report and then opening several more reports and exporting them as another report.  It happens even more often when I run several scripts in succession. Then I have to delete what I had ran and re-run everything.

I have also seen some error messages that looked like it could have been memory errors.

After this last batch of errors and the problems it caused, I was asked to find out what needed to be done so this wouldn't happen in the future.

I am currently using Monarch V8.01 Pro on a Windows 2000 machine (2Ghz Celeron w/ 256 mg Ram) with service pack 4 installed and Excel 2002.

Would more Ram or different processor be helpful? 

The company is in the process of upgrading everyone to Windows XP and Office 2003.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.