1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Mike Urbonas RSS

Page Breaks

Stephen Reid

Hi,

Is there anyway I can completely disable page breaks?  I know you can ignore the ascii character 12, but then it just forces page breaks at a specified line which I cant set to 0.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

:confused:

• Page Breaks
          Mike Urbonas

Originally posted by Stephen Reid:

Hi,

Is there anyway I can completely disable page breaks?  I know you can ignore the ascii character 12, but then it just forces page breaks at a specified line which I cant set to 0.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

:confused: /b[/quote]I do not believe you can totally disable page breaks in Monarch.  AFAIK this is usually not an issue unless you are exporting your data as text, or perhaps printing the report within Monarch.

Two suggestions:

(1) Simply adding a "Page Header" trap to your Monarch model will allow you to fully control where page breaks appear in your report file.  You can at least have the breaks appear where they don't cause you any "trouble" (breaking up data lines, etc.)

(2) If that does not help you may want to see if the ForcePageBreakLookAhead registry setting may help you.  This is a hidden Windows registry setting requring the Windows Regedit.exe utility to edit. 

From Monarch help file:

The ForcePageBreakLookAhead setting instructs Monarch to insert a page break on a blank line, so that it doesn’t interrupt a block of data.  For example, with Force Page Break After 60 Lines and ForcePageBreakLookAhead=10, Monarch inserts a page break at the first blank line it finds after line 50 (60-10).  If no blank line exists before line 60, Monarch will insert the page break at line 60.

Hope this helps.

Mike