2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Tom Whiteside RSS

Missing Models

cardealers _

We are recently new to Monarch and find it a great tool. 

We are having a problem with opening a model and there is no model information.  I.E. we built a model, saved it, opened it a few days later and the model does not work.  We are on the Monarch V6/Network.

• Missing Models
          Gareth Horton

Originally posted by cardealers:

We are recently new to Monarch and find it a great tool. 

We are having a problem with opening a model and there is no model information.  I.E. we built a model, saved it, opened it a few days later and the model does not work.  We are on the Monarch V6/Network.[/b][/quote]You should contact Monarch support about this.  It may be that the file has become corrupted in some way.

• Missing Models
            Tom Whiteside

Paul,

It might be possible that your model user selected a specific filter and then saved the model with the filter still "on."  When that same model is later opened with a new data text file, it may not show any of the new data, and may appear to be blank.

This was happening to many people in my own department, as the only clue to whether a filter is active is the tiny text message in the lower right corner of your screen.  The solution is to encourage good model practices by each user ensuring the setting of:  "Data - Filter - No Filter" before a model is saved, or, using and exiting a model without saving any changes made.

Tom Whiteside

whitesidetom@yahoo.com[/email]