5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Tom Strachan RSS

Monarch 7, export to XLS error

Roger _

Greetings!

We are running Monarch Pro v7, on a WinXP Pro PC, with Office 2003 Standard.

This is a new PC, new install of Windows XP, as well as new install of Monarch.

We save the report from email, open Monarch, open report, add the Model, go to Export it, change to Export to an Excel (XLS), over write, click next and get an error, "Can not open C:...Pxxx.XLS".

We have tried changing names, locations, etc, but continue to get this error. This is the first time using Monarch on the new PC, and we have not been able to use Monarch at all on this PC.

Note: I am not the user, I'm an Information Tech, and do the installing of Monarch, but have never used it.

Any ideals or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Monarch 7, export to XLS error
          Nigel Winton

Roger

Not sure whther this is your problem, but we had something similar when Monarch was installed under the user who did not have administrator rights on the PC. Install it under the admin rights and it works OK.

Regards

Nigel

Roger _

Thanks for the reply.

I did install it under her profile, with Admin rights. I still have her set to Admin, until I figure this out.

When we go Export it, I can see the file Pxxx.XLS out there that we want to overwrite, or append to, and I can open it in Excel, just can't Export it from Monarch. The file is not "read only", and she has full Admin rights to it.

Thanks again.

Nigel Winton

Roger

When we had the problem, the administrator had to install it under the administrator logon, it was not happy being installed under my logon even when I was set up with admin rights. Might be worth a try.

Nigel

Roger _

Anythings worth a try at this point. I'll try it and let you know.

Thanks again.

Tom Strachan

Just a couple of thoughts - it can't hurt to mention them...

Have you fully patched the Monarch installation?  There are downloads available on the Datawatch website.

Also, have you tried changing the export file's folder?  For example, if it's pointing to ...My Documents... try creating a folder such as C:Exports (directly off c:) - perhaps the problem has to do with the path.

even if these ideas don't help it will elimiate a couple of possibilities...