1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

ODBC Help...

Guy Chowning

I am having an unusual occurence when connecting via ODBC. The problem I am encountering has do do with the number of decimal places. For example the value 37.32 which is the value in the file I am looking returns the value of 37.3 when connecting via Monarch.

I am positive the valid value is 37.32 as when I conncect using either MS Excel or MS Access the returned value is 37.32 I have also verified the value thru a unix utility.

The value is defined as a 2 digit value in the source file to which I am connecting via ODBC.

I am not using a model but just the import Table view.

What is even stranger is that there are other fields within this file that do display correctly, show numbers to two decimal points. The field definitions with in the file are defined exacly the same.

I much prefer using Monarch as opposed to MS Access or MS Excel however unless someone can help me solve this I will be forced to use them.

Long shot question. Are there any setting in the registry that could cause this?

Again any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• ODBC Help...
          Gareth Horton

Guy

Go into the field list and check that the data lengths and decimals for the affected fields are sufficient.

If not, edit them and refresh the database and see what happens.

If this solves the problem, once you have saved the edited model, it will not happen again.

Gareth

Originally posted by GuyChowning:

I am having an unusual occurence when connecting via ODBC. The problem I am encountering has do do with the number of decimal places. For example the value 37.32 which is the value in the file I am looking returns the value of 37.3 when connecting via Monarch.

I am positive the valid value is 37.32 as when I conncect using either MS Excel or MS Access the returned value is 37.32 I have also verified the value thru a unix utility.

The value is defined as a 2 digit value in the source file to which I am connecting via ODBC.

I am not using a model but just the import Table view.

What is even stranger is that there are other fields within this file that do display correctly, show numbers to two decimal points. The field definitions with in the file are defined exacly the same.

I much prefer using Monarch as opposed to MS Access or MS Excel however unless someone can help me solve this I will be forced to use them.

Long shot question. Are there any setting in the registry that could cause this?

Again any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. /b[/quote]