2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

ASCII Value of 0

cdthrasher _

I just started using Monarch version 6.0 recently.  I have ASCII text reports that Monarch converts to readable datasets for another process.  Within this ASCII report of each line I have a character with a decimal value of zero.  When I view the report in Monarch it does not display the character or anything after that character, it moves to the next line of the report excluding data.  How does Monarch view this character and are there any ideas on how to see this character and/or the data behind it using Monarch?

• ASCII Value of 0
          cdthrasher _

After further research it is not the decimal value of 0 it is the decimal value 31 or hex value 1f that causes the issue.  Are there any ideas on how to get around this?

• ASCII Value of 0
            Gareth Horton

Originally posted by cdthrasher:

After further research it is not the decimal value of 0 it is the decimal value 31 or hex value 1f that causes the issue.  Are there any ideas on how to get around this?[/b][/quote]Go into Options|Input and in the Report Translation section, check the option for Ignore unused print control characters(ASCII 00-31)

This should solve the problem.