4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Zip Code for Switzerland

Thomas _

Hi,

Switzerland uses Zip Codes like this: 4500 Solothurn or 3000 Bern . Is there any chance for a patch or something for my Monarch 4.05 (german version) to get to use the zip code selector? Would Monarch 6 support these kind of zip codes?

I need to have the zip code and the city in separate fields.

Can I upgrade 4.05 to a higher (german) version that would allow these type of zip codes?

Thank You for any help.

Thomas  :confused:

• Zip Code for Switzerland
          Gareth Horton

Originally posted by Thomas:

Hi,

Switzerland uses Zip Codes like this: 4500 Solothurn or 3000 Bern . Is there any chance for a patch or something for my Monarch 4.05 (german version) to get to use the zip code selector? Would Monarch 6 support these kind of zip codes?

I need to have the zip code and the city in separate fields.

Can I upgrade 4.05 to a higher (german) version that would allow these type of zip codes?

Thank You for any help.

Thomas   :confused: /b[/quote]Thomas

These addresses should work fine.  Something like:

Herrn Thomas Gottschalk

Ostenbergstrasse 99

3000 Bern

Herrn Szcymanski

Flossergasse 18

4500 Solothurn

etc

One thing to check is the registry value that decides which types of postal codes to support.

This is found in :

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDatawatchMonarchSettingsExtendedPostalRecognition

For european addresses, this should be set to 1, not 0.  0 is the US setting.

Make sure this is set to 1 and try again.

I tested the above addresses and they worked fine.

By the way, Monarch 6 does have enhanced address block handling for parsing out addresses (not for trapping addresses). 

We now support extracting many more countries and also variants of postal codes.

Thomas _

Thanks Gareth

but I already knew what you posted. I tried 0, 1 and 2. But your on line help in the program explicitly excludes my kind of zip codes. From the Monarch help file:

"Deutsche Adreßformate

Deutsche Adressen unterscheiden sich ganz erheblich von den US-amerikanischen, australischen und kanadischen Adressen. Bei den deutschen Adressen erscheint die Postleitzahl nämlich VOR der Stadt, und es wird kein Bundesland und keine Provinz in der Postadreßzeile angegeben. Monarch benutzt eindeutige Erkennungsregeln, durch welche die herkömmlichsten deutschen Postadreßzeilenformate ohne weiteres erkannt werden können. Es werden folgende Formate unterstützt:

40215 Düsseldorf

D-24534 Neumünster

D 10890 Berlin

D-6440 Oberursel/Taunus

Monarch unterstützt keine deutschen Adressen, die nur vier Ziffern in der Postleitzahl aufweisen oder Adressen, die einen Punkt als Teil der Postleitzahl haben. Mit anderen Worten, die folgenden Adressen würden nicht unterstützt werden:

D.4960 Bünde

4400 Münster  "

You see in the last two lines what is excluded for the zip code feature.

I'm trying to extract adresses from a printer spool file which comes from our MicroVax.

The adresses are about 1'500 in rows of three in line for the printing of self sticking labels.

As I can't use this feature, it makes it rather difficult. Thanks if you have any more suggestions.

Thomas

Mandrake _

In the examples that you have provided it appears as though the zip code is a four-digit string at the beginning of the line?  If you can trap this line by itself, could you not use Left(ZipAddress,4)[/i] or Val(Left(ZipAddress,4))[/i] to extract the zip code in numeric or text format?

Gareth Horton

Originally posted by Thomas:

Thanks Gareth

but I already knew what you posted. I tried 0, 1 and 2. But your on line help in the program explicitly excludes my kind of zip codes. From the Monarch help file:

"Deutsche Adreßformate

Deutsche Adressen unterscheiden sich ganz erheblich von den US-amerikanischen, australischen und kanadischen Adressen. Bei den deutschen Adressen erscheint die Postleitzahl nämlich VOR der Stadt, und es wird kein Bundesland und keine Provinz in der Postadreßzeile angegeben. Monarch benutzt eindeutige Erkennungsregeln, durch welche die herkömmlichsten deutschen Postadreßzeilenformate ohne weiteres erkannt werden können. Es werden folgende Formate unterstützt:

40215 Düsseldorf

D-24534 Neumünster

D 10890 Berlin

D-6440 Oberursel/Taunus

Monarch unterstützt keine deutschen Adressen, die nur vier Ziffern in der Postleitzahl aufweisen oder Adressen, die einen Punkt als Teil der Postleitzahl haben. Mit anderen Worten, die folgenden Adressen würden nicht unterstützt werden:

D.4960 Bünde

4400 Münster  "

You see in the last two lines what is excluded for the zip code feature.

I'm trying to extract adresses from a printer spool file which comes from our MicroVax.

The adresses are about 1'500 in rows of three in line for the printing of self sticking labels.

As I can't use this feature, it makes it rather difficult. Thanks if you have any more suggestions.

Thomas[/b][/quote]Thomas,

As I mentioned before, the addresses I gave worked fine with Monarch, I am still trying to find out if the documentation is incorrect, but as far as empirical evidence goes - it will work fine.

The one thing I noticed from your latest post is that they are in 3 columns.

The zip trap will only allow you to trap one column at a time, so you would need three models to extract all the data. 

Each model would extract one column of addresses.

I'll try and get a definitive answer on whether the 4 digit swiss codes are supported, but it worked in my testing.