3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch 4.05 under Windows 2000

Carlos _

I have a Windows 2000 PC and Monarch 4.05. I attempted running a simple batch file that should open Monarch and a Model, and export the table to Excel. I got the following error: "Cannot open MFWFIL32.DLL".

Is there anyone who had similar experience and has the solution?

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks

• Monarch 4.05 under Windows 2000
          Gareth Horton

Originally posted by Carlos:

I have a Windows 2000 PC and Monarch 4.05. I attempted running a simple batch file that should open Monarch and a Model, and export the table to Excel. I got the following error: "Cannot open MFWFIL32.DLL".

Is there anyone who had similar experience and has the solution?

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks[/b][/quote]Carlos,

This seems like the registry has a problem on your machine, or MFWFIL32.DLL is missing.

A reinstall of Monarch should solve the problem.

Bill Watson

Well my problem seems related, however I am running Monarch 6 Pro on an XP Professional machine. For some reason we get this same missing DLL error, when we try and control Monarch using MSDOS Batch files. This error has been tested and is repeatable even on a PC with a new build and a clean fresh install of Monarch. I have checked the Registry and the DLL is registered at it's correct path location. It seems to be perhaps more a problem with the way XP and 2000 handle the MSDOS commands and passing them to Monarch.

As I couldn't wait for a solution, my workaround was to build a small access front end to allow the old batch file process to be done using VBA. This also had the benefit of allowing us to streamline the old manual process where they had to collate all the output sheets into one excel workbook before they could proceed with the next step of their process. The Monarch Programmers Guides available for download from the site are very useful if you want to do this sort of thing yourself.

Grant Perkins

Bill,

Can't be sure but this may prompt some ideas:

[url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000026#000003"]Link[/url]

Last entry in particular if my memory is OK.

In response to your second paragraph - I really recommend you have a good look at Version 7 Pro,  especially the Project Export functionality. Things would leap forward another step when exporting to Excel - no programming required like as not.    smile.gif[/img]     (Unless I have misunderstood your objectives)  

Grant

Originally posted by Bill Watson:

Well my problem seems related, however I am running Monarch 6 Pro on an XP Professional machine. For some reason we get this same missing DLL error, when we try and control Monarch using MSDOS Batch files. This error has been tested and is repeatable even on a PC with a new build and a clean fresh install of Monarch. I have checked the Registry and the DLL is registered at it's correct path location. It seems to be perhaps more a problem with the way XP and 2000 handle the MSDOS commands and passing them to Monarch.

As I couldn't wait for a solution, my workaround was to build a small access front end to allow the old batch file process to be done using VBA. This also had the benefit of allowing us to streamline the old manual process where they had to collate all the output sheets into one excel workbook before they could proceed with the next step of their process. The Monarch Programmers Guides available for download from the site are very useful if you want to do this sort of thing yourself. /b[/quote]Edit - fixed bad link

[size="1"][ May 19, 2006, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]