2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by kflynn _ RSS

Footer question

kflynn _

I haven't been using Monarch for long and I couldn't find an answer in the other posts.  I'm wondering if it's possible to create a footer for a subtotal and have it just show up on the last line of the details instead of every one?

Say you have :

Detail Line

Detail Line

Total Line

Detail Line

Detail Line

Detail Line

Total Line

I would like this to show up in excel like this:

Detail Line  0 (or blank)

Detail Line  Total

Detail Line  Total

Whenever I do it the total shows up on every line.

Thanks for any help.

• Footer question
          Grant Perkins

Hi kflynn and welcome to the forum.

Some thoughts and some questions.

First a question. Which version of Monarch are you using? I am hoping you will respond that it is V9 since your requirement for the Excel export would be much better handled by V9 I suspect.

The output you seek looks to me very much like that you would obtain by ignoring the Total Lines presented on the report (which presumably summarise the details above them) and getting Monarch to provide the subtotals by internal calculation using a Summary with sub-totals at value changes in specified key field(s).

One danger is extracting the total lines from the report is that if you subesquently apply filters (for example) you may exclude detail lines resulting in the Totals/Subtotals not adding up to the same value as the retained detail records.

Bear in mind that when you create a footer record and define fields within it the intention of Monarch is to add those fields to the detail record, which is what you are seeing. It would be useful if you wanted to, say, display a value of the detail record as a percentage of the sub-total and/or total of values for all similar records.

Does this help at all? Let us know if you still have no way forward.

Grant

• Footer question
            kflynn _

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am using version 6.01 unfortunately.  You are correct in your post about what I want to accomplish. I am going to work on creating the summary to let Monarch provide the sub-totals.

Thanks a lot!