10 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Meditech B/AR Prcedure Dictionary

SueK _

I'm looking for an already built model for pulling the detail out of the B/AR dictionary.

There are variable fields for the prices, multipliers, codes... & then there are these randomly placed dashed lines all over the place.  After 2 days I am stumped & just want the data so I'm looking for a working model.    :eek: 

Thanks in advance for ANY HELP or suggestions.

PS.  I tried to search on Meditech & Medi-Tech & got nothing.  I was surprised.  Anyone know a way to look at Meditech posts?

• Meditech B/AR Prcedure Dictionary
          Data Kruncher

Hi Sue,

I'm certain that we can help you model the report, but it would really help if you could post a representative sample of the report, with any private data disguised with say X's and 9's.

If you can post a sample, be sure to use the CODE button below and paste the report between the CODE tags.

Kruncher

SueK _

I am not sure how to post such an example... but here goes. This is a complete record for one item.  Each item may have a different amount of entries under codes, effective dates & prices.  I need to capture however few or many in each record.

471000013  HEP-LOCK 100U/ML 10ML MDV      10.4710           10     Y   Y   A   Y  636       N    N         0.00                                          

-

CURRENT                       PREVIOUS                          FUTURE                                                 

-

RATE SCHED  EFF. DATE    PRICE       P/C    EFF. DATE    PRICE       P/C    EFF.DATE     PRICE       P/C   CLAIM GRP     EFF DATE    MULTIPLR 

STANDARD    01/01/00      0.00                                                                               

BLUESHIE    05/01/06      9.00                                                                             BC            01/01/00      100.00                                                                               

MEDICARE      01/01/00      100.00 

-

CHARGES FROM CLINICAL MODULES                                                                               

-

REV SITE    SUBSTITUTE CODE                       DEPT            CORP    REPLACEMENT CODE                                                    

RXF                                               10.4714         10                                                                               

RXO                                               10.4715         10                                                                          

-

-

ALT CODES                                                                               

ALT TYPE    EFF DATE  ALT CODE       ALT DESC                                                                               

CONV        01/01/00  471000013                                                                               

HCPCS       01/01/00  J1642                                                                               

-

MCAL        01/01/00  X6282                                                                               

-

Grant Perkins

Originally posted by SueK:

Is this how it looks?

[font="courier"]471000013  HEP-LOCK 100U/ML 10ML MDV      10.4710           10     Y   Y   A   Y  636       N    N         0.00                                          

-

CURRENT                       PREVIOUS                          FUTURE                                                 

-

RATE SCHED  EFF. DATE    PRICE       P/C    EFF. DATE    PRICE       P/C    EFF.DATE     PRICE       P/C   CLAIM GRP     EFF DATE    MULTIPLR 

STANDARD    01/01/00      0.00                                                                               

BLUESHIE    05/01/06      9.00                                                                             BC            01/01/00      100.00                                                                               

MEDICARE      01/01/00      100.00 

-

CHARGES FROM CLINICAL MODULES                                                                               

-

REV SITE    SUBSTITUTE CODE                       DEPT            CORP    REPLACEMENT CODE                                                    

RXF                                               10.4714         10                                                                               

RXO                                               10.4715         10                                                                          

-

-

ALT CODES                                                                               

ALT TYPE    EFF DATE  ALT CODE       ALT DESC                                                                               

CONV        01/01/00  471000013                                                                               

HCPCS       01/01/00  J1642                                                                               

-

MCAL        01/01/00  X6282                                                                               

-

/font[/quote][/b][/quote]What do you want the output to look like?

Grant

SueK _

Oh My Gosh! Yep that's it.... I'm going to try & contain my excitement....

I want to create a file that I can extract to excel that will give me all of the various info especially all the noted effective dates & multipliers & alt codes for each record.  The record being the 47100013.  Since I want most fields I'll take them all & delete what I don't need.  I just don't know how to capture ,the multi listings of alt codes & modifiers.  For example, the HCPCS under Alt Codes might have several eff dates & code listings.  Some, like this record has only one for HCPCS & MCAL.  Others might list 3, 5, 2...  The same goes for multiplier section.

Can you also explain how you pasted in the report data so it came out right?  I have a few more reports that I'm messing with that I will probably end up posting as well.

My facility only has V 6.01. 

Thanks Sue

Grant Perkins

Originally posted by SueK:

Can you also explain how you pasted in the report data so it came out right?  I have a few more reports that I'm messing with that I will probably end up posting as well.

/b[/quote]Have a look at this faq entry.

[url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=faq#pntfclones"]http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=faq#pntfclones[/url] 

It explains better than I can.

smile.gif[/img]  

I'm working on some further questions  - one of the difficulties you face is how to set things up so that you can capture and do something with an as yet un-known number entries for each of fields in each section of report.

How many lines might you have as a maximum for a single primary record (47100013) in the Insurance Provider, Charges and Alt codes sections? 5?  10?  20?

Grant

[size="1"][ August 23, 2007, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

SueK _

The max I've run into so far is 8... Most are in the 3-6 range.  :rolleyes:

Grant Perkins

Sue,

You mention you only have version 6.01 but your profile entry says 7.01. Can you confirm which you have and whether or not you have the Pro version or just standard?

There are several approaches to be considered for this problem. It's a shame you don't have V8 or V9 either of which offer facilities that would open up more possibilities to make the task easier, although still challenging.

Grant

SueK _

I must have made a typo... it's the standard 6.01.  I agree I should have a newer version... especially if I'm to pull data like this... but I'm the new kid here.  This is my 14th day & it may take me a while to get the upgrade approved.  Do you know if there is a MediTech forum on this  site that I should visit?  As I mentioned earlier, I get nothing when I search on MediTech which I find odd... BTW... Happy Friday...

SueK _

:rolleyes:  

I've managed to create a model that appears to capture all the elements I need & nothing else... BUT... when I look at the table... some of the "greyed" template area data doesn't show up.  I'm sooo close & I'm sure it's just a dead brain cell or 2 in the way of success.  Do you have any ideas?

BTW - I ended up editing out the dashes & some other problem lines in the report in word before running it through Monarch.

Grant Perkins

Sue,

I posted a longish response earlier but it seems to have gone missing somewhere - no error but no acknowledgement either.

And no copy of it at my end so here is a shorter version.

This is tricky to make a complete solution even with a Pro version of Monarch at Version 6. I'm not saying it can't be done but, if I have fully understood what you are seeking to do, it will be challenging. Version 9 Pro (or even version 8)could make things somewhat easier but that seems not to be an option for you in the short term.

What I could do is have a look at your current model and offer some observations about it that may help you and at the same time better understand what you need to achieve.

If you think that would be useful send me a Private Message through the forum with your email address and I will get back to you with an address to which you can mail the model you have.

Once I have seen that we can decide how to progress. I suspect that the problem you face is not so much creating a model that could work on some records but more creating a model that will work consistently with all the records in a report.

HTH.

Grant