8 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Carol _ RSS

Data Extraction for Multi Line report

Carol _

I have a report with one line for client and dates and several lines for invoices and checks.  I can not extract the data appropriately.

I could email the small report if I could be helped. 

Thank you. [email="CAL@sysmanint.com"]CAL@sysmanint.com[/email]

• Data Extraction for Multi Line report
          Bruce _

Carol

If you post on the board, everyone can view the file and suggest an answer. This would also help anyone else that had the same problem.

Regards,

Grant Perkins

Carol,

Has anyone picked up on this for you yet?

If not is there any chance of posting a sample layout and explanation of the problem for people to see in the open forum? It may be that someone can spot a solution to the problem and refer you to a previous thread which could give you the information you need.

Grant

Edit to observe that Bruce and I must have been parallel posting.

Originally posted by Carol:

I have a report with one line for client and dates and several lines for invoices and checks.  I can not extract the data appropriately.

I could email the small report if I could be helped. 

Thank you. [email="CAL@sysmanint.com"]CAL@sysmanint.com[/email] /b[/quote]

Carol _

Bruce and Grant,

Thank you for your reply,  I am out of my office and at a client's for the week; therefore am on a "foreign" computer.

Please respond and tell me how to "post" the sample.  I have one with me. 

I have also read Grant's earlier reply to a similar question in February and have not had the chance to use RSPLIT and LSPLIT.

Thank you for your help.

Carol

Bruce _

Carol

I just use Monarch (or use Notepad) to copy to the clipboard, then open this site , then paste the data from the clipboard.

If you have to worry about the report columns lining up use the code box-button. (below)

Cheers

Bruce

[size="1"][ April 05, 2005, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Bruce Reed ][/size]

Carol _

Grant and Bruce,

Thank you for your interest.  here is the report

[font="courier"]                              A C C O U N T S   P A Y A B L E   C H E C K   H I S T O R Y   R E P O R T

BANK CODE   001  CASH- BANK OF DENVER

CHECK   CHECK   REMIT-TO NAME                         INVOICE  INVOICE  VOUCH# P.O.-NO        AMOUNT       DISCOUNT       CHECK

NO    DATE    VENDOR-#                                 NO      DATE                          PAID          TAKEN        AMOUNT

17472 01/13/99 KCXTR  KC'S  X-TRA                      208845 12/15/98   8808                  106.99           .00        106.99

COMPUTER CHECK                                        BILLING VENDOR:  E-R     EURO-RAILS MODEL IMPORTERS LTD

CHECK TOTALS:       106.99           .00        106.99

17473 01/13/99 LGB    LGB OF AMERICA                   119039 12/14/98   8311                  105.88           .00        105.88

COMPUTER CHECK

CHECK TOTALS:       105.88           .00        105.88

17474 01/13/99 MARKL  MARKLIN INC                       86141 12/14/98   8444                  115.64           .00        115.64

COMPUTER CHECK

86142 12/14/98   8445                   97.02           .00         97.02

86143 12/14/98   8446                  146.22           .00        146.22

86146 12/14/98   8449                  328.30           .00        328.30

CHECK TOTALS:       687.18           .00        687.18

/font[/quote]Carol

Bruce _

Carol

This looks like a straight forward report. What is not working?

If this was my report I would take the cheque details as the detail line with tthe amount paid, veoucher #, invoice date, and invoice #. Then use append the cheque # Cheque date, and vendor name & number. You could try & get the cheque total, but you can use the summary in Monarch to show.

Let us know if this helps.

Carol _

Bruce,

"What is not working?"  Probably me!  I will try this this afternoon.  I would classify myself as a 4 on a Monarch ability scale.  My problem was that I could not get individual invoices to appear with their check numbers.  But I will work on this this afternoon.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Carol

Carol _

Bruce,

It worked fine your way.  I think my early tries were in the vein of one line-one template.  Your way uses the same line but two different templates.  I was not able to apply the "Check Totals" as a template attached to the check number but seem to be successful in subtotalling inv amounts to check.  This of course can be done in Excel also.

thank you for your most excellent help.  I don't know what I would do without the support of the experts on the Forum.  Bravo!

Carol