3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

This version is unlicensed

Certegy1Mad _

Hi,

We have a customer who is using Monarch Report Explorer 5.0 on a Windows XP system and they are getting "This version is unlicensed" when they try to access the Monarch program under the User account. The Admin can run the program fine but the user cannot. 

What files,directories are needed in order for the customer to be able to run Monarch under their settings?

We told the customer to make sure that Full Read/Write access is setup for Program FilesMonarch Report Explorer and Program FilesCommon FilesDatawatch Shared directories. Is there other files and/or directories?

Thanks.

• This version is unlicensed
          Grant Perkins

Hi,

You don't mention whether you have already researched the history in the forum, but in case you have not it may be worth checking [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000096#000000"]this thread[/url] in case it offers some useful input for your problem.

Grant

Originally posted by Certegy1Mad:

Hi,

We have a customer who is using Monarch Report Explorer 5.0 on a Windows XP system and they are getting "This version is unlicensed" when they try to access the Monarch program under the User account. The Admin can run the program fine but the user cannot. 

What files,directories are needed in order for the customer to be able to run Monarch under their settings?

We told the customer to make sure that Full Read/Write access is setup for Program FilesMonarch Report Explorer and Program FilesCommon FilesDatawatch Shared directories. Is there other files and/or directories?

Thanks. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 01, 2006, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]

Certegy1Mad _

Hi,

Actually Yes I did see that before posting this but they are using the software on a stand alone Windows XP PC. The software is for desktop not network setup.

Thanks.

Grant Perkins

OK.

I vaguely recall something about permissions to the entries in the Registry as well.

Try a search in the forum on 'permission' and/or 'registry' and see if the results throw any light on the problem.

FWIW I have 2 XP machines with V5 Explorer installed (One is Pro and SP2, the other is Home) and both work fine and have done since installation so I think your client is seeing an anomaly.

Could try re-installing Explorer and see what happens?

Grant

Originally posted by Certegy1Mad:

Hi,

Actually Yes I did see that before posting this but they are using the software on a stand alone Windows XP PC. The software is for desktop not network setup.

Thanks. /b[/quote]