2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Dee Moore RSS

Number Formatting in Excel after Exporting Summaries from V9

Brad Shipman

I have upgraded to Version 9 and changed my Export and Clipboard options to reflect same.  Accordingly, I check the options in the Export Wizard to keep Excel formatting for drill down and formulas.

When I export in this way, however, the numbers in Excel do not seem to respond to choosing comma style (Formatting>Numbers>Accounting), which changes 0's to dashes, adds commas to the numbers and puts 2 decimal places on everything.

Now, choosing comma style seems to remove all commas, makes any zero values "0" and rounds numbers to 1 or no decimal places.  Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I am using Excel 2003.  Will the V9 export options only be fully operational with Excel 2007?  I do get the summary formulas and drill-down options.

Alternatively, is there any way to implement comma style on the summary, or better yet make it the default for all summaries?

• Number Formatting in Excel after Exporting Summaries from V9
          Dee Moore

Hi Brad,

I have tested, tested and retested this. I am not able to produce the same result you are experiencing.

I created a 6 value field of Numeric Datatype, built a Summary bringing the field in as a Keyfield and as a Measure field and Exported as per your instructions.

I then opened the Excel file and Formatted the Cells to Accounting, 2 Decimal places. Both fields look great.

How is the field being produced? Does it contain "Null" values? Are you handling them via the Export Wizard?

If this is not applicable.......

My advise would be to first try reinstalling Monarch. If still experiencing the problem, uninstall Monarch, reinstall Office, and reinstall Monarch.

If you would like, I can send you screenshots of my process.

Regards,

Dee Moore

Datawatch Tech Support

• Number Formatting in Excel after Exporting Summaries from V9
            Dee Moore

Originally posted by Dee Moore:

Hi Brad,

I have tested, tested and retested this. I am not able to produce the same result you are experiencing.

I created a 6 value field of Numeric Datatype, built a Summary bringing the field in as a Keyfield and as a Measure field and Exported as per your instructions.

I then opened the Excel file and Formatted the Cells to Accounting, 2 Decimal places. Both fields look great.

How is the field being produced? Does it contain "Null" values? Are you handling them via the Export Wizard?

If this is not applicable.......

My advise would be to first try reinstalling Monarch. If still experiencing the problem, uninstall Monarch, reinstall Office, and reinstall Monarch.

If you would like, I can send you screenshots of my process.

Regards,

Dee Moore

Datawatch Tech Support

/bIn addition, to force insertion of commas into Numeric fields, the format should be Thousands.[/quote]