3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Errors since upgrading to V9

StuartM _

I have recently upgraged from Monarch Pro V8 to V9.  I seem to have come across an issue when loading in multiple reports. When loading in more than 2 reports, during the next report open it displays the error:

'Input file has lines longer than the 4000 character maximum.  They will be truncated'

However, the problem seems to lie with the way Monarch is reading in the file.  It is displaying the report as a series of characters:

????††††††??(??†††††††††††††††?

When I load up each report and export individually they all work fine.  It just seems to be when there are more than 2 reports loaded at once?

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

• Errors since upgrading to V9
          Grant Perkins

Stuart,

What sort of files are you opening?

What is the source for the files?

Have you experimented with the Input Options for "Report Transalation" to see if they affect anything?

Just a few opening questions.

Grant

StuartM _

Hi Grant,

You were right it was due to the encoding of the text files.  Some were ANSI and some were Unicode.  Am I right in thinking Monarch can only deal with one coding type at a time?

The problem must have stemmed from the user changing the coding during download from the system.  The problem is working out which files are coded in which type without opening each one in notepad - I've just used the size of the file as a guage.  It was much easier in Monarch V8 as you would have seen the difference in the report files on screen!

On this occasion I've just made two exports but will have to make sure the source files are the same coding in future.

Thanks

Stuart

Grant Perkins

Originally posted by StuartM:

Hi Grant,

You were right it was due to the encoding of the text files.  Some were ANSI and some were Unicode.  Am I right in thinking Monarch can only deal with one coding type at a time?[/b][/quote]V9 has some additonal capability to deal with Unicode files - so yep, it would probably not reject them or hightlight the difference.

Can't answer your question technically but I would not be surprised if handling both types was concurrently was a tad tricky.

Can you 'fix' the user download process to make it more consistent? My gut feel is that to do so would be a good move for future interactions anyway.

Grant