2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

problem exporting/importing .xls files in V8

Hi,

Anyone have any thoughts on why we're suddenly unable to import or export .xls files after upgrading to V8?

When attempting to export to Excel (.xls) we get the following error: "The instruction at 'Ox004f46ac' referenced memory at 'Ox00000a28'. The memory could not be "read".

My pc has 1GB ram, nothing else running, and the report I'm trying to export from the table window is only 30 rows.

Never had these problems using V7.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• problem exporting/importing .xls files in V8
          Tim Poteet

I too am having a heck of a time importing XLS files into V8.  Report looks great in Excel, looks horrible /unusable in Monarch.  The FAQ answer for this listed on this website is of no help to me.

• problem exporting/importing .xls files in V8
            Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Tim Poteet:

I too am having a heck of a time importing XLS files into V8.  Report looks great in Excel, looks horrible /unusable in Monarch.  The FAQ answer for this listed on this website is of no help to me. /b[/quote]Tim,

It may be worth opening a new thread for your problem because it looks like dwatcher1 has a technical problem which you don't have so there is little in common between the two problems.

For what it is worth I have not seen any problems importing Excel files to V8 but then I may not be using the same version of Excel and my Excel worksheets may not be subject to the same sort fo formatting as yours.

If you post a new thread can you provide us with an example (desriptive) of what makes the files look great in Excel and what they look like in Monarch by comparison.

Is it reasonable to assume that you are reading the Excel files into Monarch as a database? Or are you exporting them to a text file first and then opening them with Monarch?

Looking forward to your further information and hoping I can help with this.

Grant